Families Forums

Full Version: Christening and burial details in family view
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have just downloaded Families and am still getting to grips with it. So far it is clear and in some ways better than Legacy, but I have about the same number of baptism/burial as birth/death dates. There is plenty of room on the family view page to add both christening and burial details so is it likely you could add christening and burial details to the family view in a future update?
(31-Jul-2013, 08:10 AM)gemini# Wrote: [ -> ]I have just downloaded Families and am still getting to grips with it. So far it is clear and in some ways better than Legacy, but I have about the same number of baptism/burial as birth/death dates. There is plenty of room on the family view page to add both christening and burial details so is it likely you could add christening and burial details to the family view in a future update?

What device are you using? I'm not convinced that your suggestion would work with the current layout without significantly reducing the font size. Could you be more specific about how you would propose to fit the additional lines in?

Malcolm Green
(31-Jul-2013, 08:34 AM)malgre Wrote: [ -> ]
(31-Jul-2013, 08:10 AM)gemini# Wrote: [ -> ]I have just downloaded Families and am still getting to grips with it. So far it is clear and in some ways better than Legacy, but I have about the same number of baptism/burial as birth/death dates. There is plenty of room on the family view page to add both christening and burial details so is it likely you could add christening and burial details to the family view in a future update?

What device are you using? I'm not convinced that your suggestion would work with the current layout without significantly reducing the font size. Could you be more specific about how you would propose to fit the additional lines in?

Malcolm Green

I have an iPad4 and in landscape family view there is a grey area of about 4cm which on reflection is probably for the addition of more children, but could reducing the height of the top 3 bars by a third, then increasing the height of the 4th bar (as both birth and death appear in that one), make enough room. Should a family have more than 8 children you have to scroll anyway.
Thinking further, reduce the height of the top 4 bars by a third and add a 5th, the 4th for birth/baptism and the 5th for burial/baptism