Families Forums

Full Version: Pictures in Sources are gone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

today i updated to the newest windows version of families, converted my legacy file for my iphone and transferred it. Everything works fine instead of that the sources yet have no more pictures. When i select a person on the iphone i can see all the linked fotos, but when switch to the the sources i cannot see any source-pictures. With the "old" version of families everything worked fine. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!
(01-Mar-2015, 04:55 PM)moinsen Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

today i updated to the newest windows version of families, converted my legacy file for my iphone and transferred it. Everything works fine instead of that the sources yet have no more pictures. When i select a person on the iphone i can see all the linked fotos, but when switch to the the sources i cannot see any source-pictures. With the "old" version of families everything worked fine. Any ideas?
Thanks a lot!

Ensure that you have "Include Media for Sources" checked in Families Sync's Options>Settings. Also check that there are no errors relating to photos reported by Families Sync during the conversion. And make sure you are converting the latest family file - Legacy's default location of family files changed with Legacy 8, and some users were still transferring the old V7 version of their file because they didn't select the new location.

Malcolm Green
There was no error when convering thefile to sql. Nearly 600 pictures were transferred correctly. tIn the converted sql file i can see all the picures on the iphone in the families app. Just the pictures which are included in the sources (jpg) are not shown.
(02-Mar-2015, 02:39 PM)moinsen Wrote: [ -> ]There was no error when convering thefile to sql. Nearly 600 pictures were transferred correctly. tIn the converted sql file i can see all the picures on the iphone in the families app. Just the pictures which are included in the sources (jpg) are not shown.

We are unable to reproduce your problem and it has not been reported by anyone else. Please provide more details, i.e. which specific source event is missing its photo (e.g. Name, Birth, Death etc), and is the photo associated with the detail or master source? If possible, send a screenshot showing the source as displayed in Legacy (i.e. the Assigned Sources page) with the Media tab selected so that the picture is displayed. And also a screenshot of the equivalent screen in Families.

Malcolm Green
An example. In Legacy i have a person with a death entry and a picture (jpg), belonging to the death entry. On my iphone via families i can see the death entry and the picture. The families path to the foto is: The person, Death entry (under Events/Facts), Pictures -> and there it is. Fine!
In legacy i have a specific source associated to this death entry and when i select the Media tab of the source i can see this picture (in my case the same jpg as above). In families on iphone the path to the specific source entry in the death record is: The person, Death entry (under Events/Facts), Sources. Then i can see the specific death-source. If i tab on it there is a point named "picture" but the picture is missing.
Surely i could send some pictures, but there is nothing else to see as i described above.
I'm pretty sure with the older version of "families sync", which i used up to Februar this year everything works fine (Legacy 8). Now i did an update to your latest version and the source pictures are gone.
(03-Mar-2015, 11:52 PM)moinsen Wrote: [ -> ]An example. In Legacy i have a person with a death entry and a picture (jpg), belonging to the death entry. On my iphone via families i can see the death entry and the picture. The families path to the foto is: The person, Death entry (under Events/Facts), Pictures -> and there it is. Fine!
In legacy i have a specific source associated to this death entry and when i select the Media tab of the source i can see this picture (in my case the same jpg as above). In families on iphone the path to the specific source entry in the death record is: The person, Death entry (under Events/Facts), Sources. Then i can see the specific death-source. If i tab on it there is a point named "picture" but the picture is missing.
Surely i could send some pictures, but there is nothing else to see as i described above.
I'm pretty sure with the older version of "families sync", which i used up to Februar this year everything works fine (Legacy 8). Now i did an update to your latest version and the source pictures are gone.

To help diagnose your problem I did the following:
1. Open the Legacy sample file (Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\Sample.fdb).
2. Select Asa Clark Brown and click his Sources icon.
3. Select his first Death entry and click Edit Detail.
4. Click the Media tab then Add Media.
5. Click Add Media>Picture and select a picture then Close. The Picture is displayed in the Media Gallery.
6. Transfer the sample.fdb file to your iPhone.
7. Run Families, select the sample file and tap Asa Clark Brown.
8. Select his death entry in Events/Facts, then Sources.
9. Select the first death entry - the added picture is shown correctly!

Please repeat the above and let me know the result.

Malcolm Green
Ah ok, now i know what you are talking about!
Id did your workflow with the Asa sample file. I added a picture to the death entry detail (letter from Mabel...) . This picture is shown correctly on the iphone. Yes!
I thought families could display general source pictures, which are integrated in all of my sources. Not just the detailed source pictures.
(09-Mar-2015, 03:39 PM)moinsen Wrote: [ -> ]Ah ok, now i know what you are talking about!
Id did your workflow with the Asa sample file. I added a picture to the death entry detail (letter from Mabel...) . This picture is shown correctly on the iphone. Yes!
I thought families could display general source pictures, which are integrated in all of my sources. Not just the detailed source pictures.

It can! Repeat the steps listed but on the Legacy Assigned Sources screen click Edit Source instead of Edit Detail, then add a photo to the master source. Transfer the file then select the source and tap Master Source and you should see the photo just added.

Malcolm Green
Ahhhhhhh!!!!!! There are my source pics. I didn't see the "master source" tab in the app.
Muchas Gracias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Perfect tool, perfect support!!!
Good tips, I had finally found the answer here. thank you all Heart
Pages: 1 2