Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families Sync Utility
Will the Families Sync Utility work on a Mac?
(24-Sep-2011, 01:00 AM)Wkepley Wrote: Will the Families Sync Utility work on a Mac?

It will only run in Windows, but you can use Parallels etc to run on Mac.

Malcolm Green
Hello Malcolm,

I understand there were (hopefully are) plans to allow Families Sync to work from a Family Historian GEDCOM file, is there a planned release date for it that you can share?

Thank you,
Martyn
(09-Dec-2012, 10:30 PM)martync Wrote: Hello Malcolm,

I understand there were (hopefully are) plans to allow Families Sync to work from a Family Historian GEDCOM file, is there a planned release date for it that you can share?

Thank you,
Martyn

GedFamilies has been released - see http://www.telgen.co.uk/gedfamilies

Malcolm Green
Thank you very much Malcolm.

All the best,
Martyn
I just got an Android tablet (amazingly cheap) and would like to copy the data from FTM running on spouse's Apple Mac. I run Ubuntu and there are no Windoze machines in the house, although I do have Wine installed on Ubuntu. It would be nice to be able to do FTM(Mac)->GEDCOM->gedfamilies->Families(Android) but gedfamilies is Windoze only. Actually, it might even be nice to try Legacy Family Tree on the Mac, but that is another question. Any suggestions ?
(28-Oct-2013, 01:32 PM)hamiljf Wrote: I just got an Android tablet (amazingly cheap) and would like to copy the data from FTM running on spouse's Apple Mac. I run Ubuntu and there are no Windoze machines in the house, although I do have Wine installed on Ubuntu. It would be nice to be able to do FTM(Mac)->GEDCOM->gedfamilies->Families(Android) but gedfamilies is Windoze only. Actually, it might even be nice to try Legacy Family Tree on the Mac, but that is another question. Any suggestions ?

I believe you can run Windows using VirtualBox on Ubuntu.

Malcolm Green