Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cannot transfer file to iPad - MDAC problem
I've had a few emails back and forth with TelGen trying to solve this problem, but no luck so am hoping someone has an answer.

I've tried to sync using both wireless and usb file transfer through iTunes and both ways I get the same error message along the lines that I don't have MDAC (Microsoft Data Access Components) version 2.6 or later (which I do)

I've tried unistalling and re-installing Families and many versions of MDAC still no luck.

Has anyone had this problem as well?

thanks
mimmo
I have exactly the same problem. I didn't experience this problem on my newer Asus laptop but that is the message I get on my older Dell. Both have Windows 7 Ultimate which is supposed to not require MDAC to be downloaded. From all I have read the Microsoft Data Access Components are within Windows 7 and do not require any additional components. How do I proceed? I get the same message with both USB and WiFi attempts.
(30-Jun-2013, 05:02 AM)d_mullen Wrote: I have exactly the same problem. I didn't experience this problem on my newer Asus laptop but that is the message I get on my older Dell. Both have Windows 7 Ultimate which is supposed to not require MDAC to be downloaded. From all I have read the Microsoft Data Access Components are within Windows 7 and do not require any additional components. How do I proceed? I get the same message with both USB and WiFi attempts.

Another user reported that the link below solved this problem:

http://www.macropool.com/en/download/mdac_xp_sp2.html

Malcolm Green
(01-Jul-2013, 08:54 AM)malgre Wrote:
(30-Jun-2013, 05:02 AM)d_mullen Wrote: I have exactly the same problem. I didn't experience this problem on my newer Asus laptop but that is the message I get on my older Dell. Both have Windows 7 Ultimate which is supposed to not require MDAC to be downloaded. From all I have read the Microsoft Data Access Components are within Windows 7 and do not require any additional components. How do I proceed? I get the same message with both USB and WiFi attempts.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm, Thank you for your reply. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate not XP. Any suggestions??? I have installed both the new Families Sync and the older ClickOne install... neither worked. Still the same error message to update MDAC to version 2.6 or later. Donna

(01-Jul-2013, 08:58 PM)d_mullen Wrote:
(01-Jul-2013, 08:54 AM)malgre Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm, Thank you for your reply. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate not XP. Any suggestions??? I have installed both the new Families Sync and the older ClickOne install... neither worked. Still the same error message to update MDAC to version 2.6 or later. Donna
Please send a screenshot showing the error.

Malcolm Green