Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Instructions
Maybe I'm missing it, but are there step by step instructions for the initial installation and syncing of Legacy Family Tree and Families? I've used Legacy for years, but I just got an iPhone. I've just purchased Families, and I've downloaded Families Sync. I don't have wi-fi, so I'll need to use a USB cable through iTunes. I've read the posts about this taking 90 minutes to try to figure everything out, and I'm thinking that surely somewhere there is a step-by-step path of how to do this right the first time.
(07-Aug-2011, 08:27 PM)Dede Holden Wrote: Maybe I'm missing it, but are there step by step instructions for the initial installation and syncing of Legacy Family Tree and Families? I've used Legacy for years, but I just got an iPhone. I've just purchased Families, and I've downloaded Families Sync. I don't have wi-fi, so I'll need to use a USB cable through iTunes. I've read the posts about this taking 90 minutes to try to figure everything out, and I'm thinking that surely somewhere there is a step-by-step path of how to do this right the first time.

See the section "Transferring Family Files" in the Families Sync help.

Malcolm Green