Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I cannot sync
The sync process is not intuitive for me and cannot find a simple set of instructions to sync data I have added to my Legacy files on my PC to the Families files on my i-touch. I have attempted to do so using itunes and families sync but not successfully. Where do I find a manual or guidelines to step me through the process?
(19-Feb-2011, 08:34 AM)ronburnham Wrote: The sync process is not intuitive for me and cannot find a simple set of instructions to sync data I have added to my Legacy files on my PC to the Families files on my i-touch. I have attempted to do so using itunes and families sync but not successfully. Where do I find a manual or guidelines to step me through the process?

I've moved this thread to Problems & Troubleshooting for iPhone etc.

For information about the sync process please see the help section "Transferring Family Files", available in both Families and Families Sync.

Malcolm Green
(19-Feb-2011, 09:46 AM)malgre Wrote:
(19-Feb-2011, 08:34 AM)ronburnham Wrote: The sync process is not intuitive for me and cannot find a simple set of instructions to sync data I have added to my Legacy files on my PC to the Families files on my i-touch. I have attempted to do so using itunes and families sync but not successfully. Where do I find a manual or guidelines to step me through the process?

For information about the sync process please see the help section "Transferring Family Files", available in both Families and Families Sync.

Malcolm Green

I am trying to figure out how to transfer the changes I make on my ipad back to my legacy file on my computer. Where is the help section that you refer to above. I can't find it. Could you put a link to it.Dodgy
(19-Feb-2011, 10:40 PM)donjgen Wrote:

Malcolm Green

I am trying to figure out how to transfer the changes I make on my ipad back to my legacy file on my computer. Where is the help section that you refer to above. I can't find it. Could you put a link to it.Dodgy

I noticed that the FamiliesSyn folder was put in the documents section and not the Legacy/Data folder. Do I need to move that folder?Huh

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I noticed that the FamiliesSyn folder was put in the documents section and not the Legacy/Data folder. Do I need to move that folder?Huh

I found the help section and was able to make the transfer. It worked out beautifully.Big Grin Now I need to master the merge options in Legacy. I can't imagine anyone overwriting a large file.