Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help
Hi all can anyone help me with this problem. When I select a legacy file to convert for families, it goes thru the process, then when I go to Families in Itunes and select add, there is no sqlite file in the folder documents/familiesSync. For example I choose Wickstree 2011 Iphone.fdb then convert it so it should have made a file Wickstree 2011 Iphone.sqlite in the folder documents/familiesSync. when I go to that folder there is nothing there.
(19-Mar-2011, 05:40 AM)babe62 Wrote: Hi all can anyone help me with this problem. When I select a legacy file to convert for families, it goes thru the process, then when I go to Families in Itunes and select add, there is no sqlite file in the folder documents/familiesSync. For example I choose Wickstree 2011 Iphone.fdb then convert it so it should have made a file Wickstree 2011 Iphone.sqlite in the folder documents/familiesSync. when I go to that folder there is nothing there.

If it has reported no errors during the conversion then it should definitely be in Documents\FamiliesSync. However, there may be more than one such folder on your PC. Check that you're looking in the folder associated with the current user - on Windows 7 it will be under the "Libraries" section in Windows Explorer. If necessary use the search option in Windows Explorer to locate it.

Malcolm Green
(22-Mar-2011, 01:02 PM)malgre Wrote:
(19-Mar-2011, 05:40 AM)babe62 Wrote: Hi all can anyone help me with this problem. When I select a legacy file to convert for families, it goes thru the process, then when I go to Families in Itunes and select add, there is no sqlite file in the folder documents/familiesSync. For example I choose Wickstree 2011 Iphone.fdb then convert it so it should have made a file Wickstree 2011 Iphone.sqlite in the folder documents/familiesSync. when I go to that folder there is nothing there.

If it has reported no errors during the conversion then it should definitely be in Documents\FamiliesSync. However, there may be more than one such folder on your PC. Check that you're looking in the folder associated with the current user - on Windows 7 it will be under the "Libraries" section in Windows Explorer. If necessary use the search option in Windows Explorer to locate it.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,
I have searched my whole computer for *.sqlite and nothing comes up.
(24-Mar-2011, 06:43 AM)babe62 Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Please ensure you have the latest version of Families Sync 1.1.11 then select Options>Settings and check "Enable Tracing". Perform the conversion again then scroll to the top of the tracing information. You should see two lines "Converting ..." and "Creating ..." The Creating line should show the sqlite filename. If this doesn't help, please click the Save Log button, save the log file and send it to me.

Malcolm Green
(24-Mar-2011, 11:38 AM)malgre Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Please ensure you have the latest version of Families Sync 1.1.11 then select Options>Settings and check "Enable Tracing". Perform the conversion again then scroll to the top of the tracing information. You should see two lines "Converting ..." and "Creating ..." The Creating line should show the sqlite filename. If this doesn't help, please click the Save Log button, save the log file and send it to me.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,
I did what you said and still not file appeared. The log is attached.
(24-Mar-2011, 12:14 PM)babe62 Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

I don't see the log - can you send it to support@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm
(24-Mar-2011, 01:08 PM)malgre Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm

Done
(24-Mar-2011, 01:35 PM)babe62 Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm

Done

The log file identifies the problem - there appears to be no Documents folder (or My Documents if using Vista or XP), or at least the OS is reporting it as an empty string. I suspect this may be something to do with the Parallels environment as I've seen several other postings on the web with similar problems. I don't have Parallels and am not familiar with it so can't advise on what may be the problem but I suggest you investigate any settings which may affect Windows folders such as Documents.

Malcolm
(24-Mar-2011, 03:49 PM)malgre Wrote:
(24-Mar-2011, 01:35 PM)babe62 Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Malcolm

Done

The log file identifies the problem - there appears to be no Documents folder (or My Documents if using Vista or XP), or at least the OS is reporting it as an empty string. I suspect this may be something to do with the Parallels environment as I've seen several other postings on the web with similar problems. I don't have Parallels and am not familiar with it so can't advise on what may be the problem but I suggest you investigate any settings which may affect Windows folders such as Documents.

Malcolm

Malcolm,
I am not running parallels and have no idea what it is. Could the problem be that familysync is downloaded to the desktop? I deleted Familiessync off my computer and then re-installed it. when I converted my legacy file, families didn't even make a folder called Familiessync in My Documents.
(25-Mar-2011, 12:26 AM)babe62 Wrote: Malcolm,
I am not running parallels and have no idea what it is. Could the problem be that familysync is downloaded to the desktop? I deleted Familiessync off my computer and then re-installed it. when I converted my legacy file, families didn't even make a folder called Familiessync in My Documents.

Please ignore the reference to Parallels - I was mixing this problem up with another one I'm investigating.

I'm not sure what you mean by "familysync is downloaded to the desktop" - the Families Sync installation is performed using Microsoft's ClickOnce mechanism which installs it to a hidden folder so there should be nothing located on the desktop. Perhaps you can clarify what you mean.

I'm sure the problem is with the Documents folder. Before pursuing this, please let me know which Windows OS version you're using (XP, Vista or 7) as they all differ in how the Documents folder is handled.

Malcolm