Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SQLite error, no such table: tblAR
I just installed Families on my iPad and downloaded and installed the Families Sync program on my iMac under Parallels (PC section in which I run Legacy). I have tried "Sync iDevice using USB/iTunes" and "Sync iDevice using Wi-Fi". In the latter I Locate Device by Address, which works perfectly. However in BOTH the USB and the Wi-Fi methods, when I click on Write Legacy File to Device, after I click on my Legacy file name, I always get the error message "Operation aborted. SQLite error. No such table: tblAR". How can I get the program to create an sqlite file so I can transfer it to my iPad? Please help! Thank you.
(19-Mar-2011, 11:52 PM)cynschoen Wrote: I just installed Families on my iPad and downloaded and installed the Families Sync program on my iMac under Parallels (PC section in which I run Legacy). I have tried "Sync iDevice using USB/iTunes" and "Sync iDevice using Wi-Fi". In the latter I Locate Device by Address, which works perfectly. However in BOTH the USB and the Wi-Fi methods, when I click on Write Legacy File to Device, after I click on my Legacy file name, I always get the error message "Operation aborted. SQLite error. No such table: tblAR". How can I get the program to create an sqlite file so I can transfer it to my iPad? Please help! Thank you.

The error suggests that you're not selecting a valid family file. Please confirm that the file you're selecting has the extension .fdb.

Malcolm Green
I am definitely selecting .fdb files. It's the only type that's listed for me to select. I've even tried the Kennedy file, which I brought back into my computer through the Read Legacy File from Device option in Families Sync - it brings it back into my computer fine, then when I run Legacy, it tells me "this family file is an older format and needs to be converted to the new format" - I click ok to convert it in Legacy and it's then run fine by Legacy. But when I try to run Families Sync to put that file back on my ipad, the exact same error happens as before with my regular Legacy file and with the Sample Legacy file - I get the "Operation aborted. SQLite error. No such table:tblAR". I had changed the name of the Kennedy file I'd imported from my ipad, saving it on my computer as "Kennedy Family from ipad3" to make sure I was using the right file. I next tried "Read Legacy File from Device" again with the Kennedy file on my iPad, this time importing it and renaming it "Kennedy Family from ipad4". All worked correctly during the Read. I then tried to "Write Legacy File to Device" without opening it in Legacy first and converting it to the new format. It didn't work, again giving me the same error message as before "Operation aborted, SQLite error. No such table:tblAR" and the same log that I sent you before.

In looking back in this Families problems blog, I found someone else that had the exact error as I am getting, in Aug 2010. She also was using Legacy and Families Sync in Parallels on a Mac. You had her send you the log also, just like I sent you. Did you solve her problem and if so, what was the solution?

Thank you.

Cynthia
(22-Mar-2011, 06:40 PM)cynschoen Wrote: I am definitely selecting .fdb files. It's the only type that's listed for me to select. I've even tried the Kennedy file, which I brought back into my computer through the Read Legacy File from Device option in Families Sync - it brings it back into my computer fine, then when I run Legacy, it tells me "this family file is an older format and needs to be converted to the new format" - I click ok to convert it in Legacy and it's then run fine by Legacy. But when I try to run Families Sync to put that file back on my ipad, the exact same error happens as before with my regular Legacy file and with the Sample Legacy file - I get the "Operation aborted. SQLite error. No such table:tblAR". I had changed the name of the Kennedy file I'd imported from my ipad, saving it on my computer as "Kennedy Family from ipad3" to make sure I was using the right file. I next tried "Read Legacy File from Device" again with the Kennedy file on my iPad, this time importing it and renaming it "Kennedy Family from ipad4". All worked correctly during the Read. I then tried to "Write Legacy File to Device" without opening it in Legacy first and converting it to the new format. It didn't work, again giving me the same error message as before "Operation aborted, SQLite error. No such table:tblAR" and the same log that I sent you before.

In looking back in this Families problems blog, I found someone else that had the exact error as I am getting, in Aug 2010. She also was using Legacy and Families Sync in Parallels on a Mac. You had her send you the log also, just like I sent you. Did you solve her problem and if so, what was the solution?

Thank you.

Cynthia

I didn't hear further so I assumed the problem went away. However, the fact that she was also using Parallels may be significant.

After getting the "No such table:tblAR" error, there should be an incomplete sqlite file in Documents\FamiliesSync. Could you send me this file so that I can see if it gives any clues as to why this problem is occurring.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm,

I have sent the files as you requested to support@telgen.co.uk. I included both the incomplete sqlite file for my own Legacy database and also the Kennedy incomplete sqlite files which were created when I tried to Write the Kennedy file back to my iPad in Families Sync after successfully Reading it from my iPad through Families Sync.

An auto update of Families Sync to version V1.1.11.0 occurred when I tried rerunning the program this morning. I get the same error message as before. The files sent to you contain the data after the Families Sync update.

I have just gotten in touch with the person that had the same problem last August as I am having now and who also posted on this blog list. Her problem was never resolved (obviously she never got back in touch with you to let you know) and she has never been able to use Families. She also is using Parallels on a mac.

Thank you.

Cynthia
This is proving to be a very confusing problem. Looking at your incomplete sqlite file, there is a tblAR table so I can't understand why you're getting the "No such table" error.

Can you let me have the following information please:
- Windows OS version (XP, Vista or 7)
- whether Windows has all the latest updates applied via Windows Update
- Parallels version

Malcolm
I am using:
Windows XP Pro, SP2
Parallels 5

I did not upgrade to SP3 because I found reports online at the time of people having problems with and after upgrading to SP3 for Windows XP Pro in Parallels. From what I've read, SP3 is mostly a compilation of previous upgrades to SP2, all of which I did, so there appeared to be no reason to try an upgrade to SP3 when others were having problems with the upgrade in Parallels.

Some additional things I've noticed:

When Families Sync tries to Write the Kennedy file (which I'd Read from my ipad and which works fine in Legacy), a progress line appears - the write either never begins or only shows 2 green dashes on the line, and the log states there are 0 records (VERY strange???). I also notice that the error is "no such table: tblBP" instead of "tblAR":

25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Converting Kennedy Family from ipad4 to SqLite: tblAR - 0 records
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Committing transaction
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Converting table to SqLite: tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Reading schema table for tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Creating table tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Copying data to tblBP

When my own Legacy family file is used, no green progress dash lines ever appear in the progress line, and the log is different: the first line lists no record numbers, the 2nd line lists "Creating..." not "Committing", and the 3-6 lines list "tblAR" instead of "tblBP":

25-Mar-2011 14:48:52 Converting file C:\Legacy\Data\OURFAMILYTREE20110319.fdb
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Creating file \\.psf\Home\Documents\FamiliesSync\OURFAMILYTREE20110319.sqlite
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Converting table to SqLite: tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Reading schema table for tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Creating table tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Copying data to tblAR

Perhaps the place that the "tblAR" or "tblBP" is created is not the place where Family Sync expects it to be, since it is in the shared area of the "Windows computer" and the Mac? Just a thought.

Thank you.

Cynthia
(25-Mar-2011, 09:08 PM)cynschoen Wrote: I am using:
Windows XP Pro, SP2
Parallels 5

I did not upgrade to SP3 because I found reports online at the time of people having problems with and after upgrading to SP3 for Windows XP Pro in Parallels. From what I've read, SP3 is mostly a compilation of previous upgrades to SP2, all of which I did, so there appeared to be no reason to try an upgrade to SP3 when others were having problems with the upgrade in Parallels.

Some additional things I've noticed:

When Families Sync tries to Write the Kennedy file (which I'd Read from my ipad and which works fine in Legacy), a progress line appears - the write either never begins or only shows 2 green dashes on the line, and the log states there are 0 records (VERY strange???). I also notice that the error is "no such table: tblBP" instead of "tblAR":

25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Converting Kennedy Family from ipad4 to SqLite: tblAR - 0 records
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Committing transaction
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Converting table to SqLite: tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Reading schema table for tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Creating table tblBP
25-Mar-2011 14:40:42 Copying data to tblBP

When my own Legacy family file is used, no green progress dash lines ever appear in the progress line, and the log is different: the first line lists no record numbers, the 2nd line lists "Creating..." not "Committing", and the 3-6 lines list "tblAR" instead of "tblBP":

25-Mar-2011 14:48:52 Converting file C:\Legacy\Data\OURFAMILYTREE20110319.fdb
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Creating file \\.psf\Home\Documents\FamiliesSync\OURFAMILYTREE20110319.sqlite
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Converting table to SqLite: tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Reading schema table for tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Creating table tblAR
25-Mar-2011 14:48:53 Copying data to tblAR

Perhaps the place that the "tblAR" or "tblBP" is created is not the place where Family Sync expects it to be, since it is in the shared area of the "Windows computer" and the Mac? Just a thought.

Thank you.

Cynthia

I've now installed an evaluation version of Parallels 6 on my MacBook, along with Windows XP Pro SP2. And Families Sync works OK with this setup!

However, you have the "Shared Profile" option in Parallels set, enabling you to share Mac folders with Windows (as indicated by the "\\.psf" in the Documents path). Please try disabling this as there is a known problem with accessing "My Documents" in Parallels 5 with this option set (see http://support.citavi.com/forum/viewtopi...f=26&t=554). If this doesn't resolve the problem then I'm stumped!

Malcolm Green
Hello Malcolm,

I just returned from vacation and found your message.

I have read the link you provided. However, I have many, many Windows programs running in XP and Parallels 5 with NO problem using the shared folders. In fact, they are set up to use shared folders. These programs include Quicken, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint), TMG, Taxcut, Legacy, Gensmarts, FTM 11, PIE Studio, and many more.

If I undid Shared Folders, none of my other programs would work. As far as I can find, Citavi is the only other program with problems running under Parallels 5 with shared folders. And perhaps Families, tho you ran it with Parallels 6, which according to your Citavi link does not require shared folders to be disabled.

All my other Windows programs, such as Quicken, Legacy, MS Word and Access and Excel, etc, use \\.psf\Home\Documents\... instead of My Documents. Is it possible Families creates the file in the right place but when it converts it, it either looks in the wrong place for the conversion or the subsequent Reading or Creating table or Copying data steps detailed in the log?

Thank you for your help.

Cynthia
(24-Apr-2011, 05:45 AM)cynschoen Wrote: Hello Malcolm,

I just returned from vacation and found your message.

I have read the link you provided. However, I have many, many Windows programs running in XP and Parallels 5 with NO problem using the shared folders. In fact, they are set up to use shared folders. These programs include Quicken, MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint), TMG, Taxcut, Legacy, Gensmarts, FTM 11, PIE Studio, and many more.

If I undid Shared Folders, none of my other programs would work. As far as I can find, Citavi is the only other program with problems running under Parallels 5 with shared folders. And perhaps Families, tho you ran it with Parallels 6, which according to your Citavi link does not require shared folders to be disabled.

All my other Windows programs, such as Quicken, Legacy, MS Word and Access and Excel, etc, use \\.psf\Home\Documents\... instead of My Documents. Is it possible Families creates the file in the right place but when it converts it, it either looks in the wrong place for the conversion or the subsequent Reading or Creating table or Copying data steps detailed in the log?

Thank you for your help.

Cynthia

I don't have access to Parallels 5 so am unable to test with this version. In any case it should not be necessary to change software which works in a normal Windows environment to run under Parallels, and the problem has been recognised by Parallels and fixed in the latest version. Unfortunately therefore I'm unable to assist further with this problem.

Malcolm Green