Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I knew help with synch
I first got a netbook to take Legacy with me, but it didn't really fit my need - too bulky to have with me always. When I saw Families and the I-Touch, it fit my need perfectly.

I only update my Legacy on the PC. The I-Touch is a reference for me to have my trees with me 24X7. I got burned this weekend. I was at a funeral and thought I had done a sync and had a copy of the obit etc with me.

The only way I've been able to get updated stuff on the I-Touch is by deleting and then refreshing the sqlite file thru Families Sync then doing the I-tunes. It doesn't seem like I should have to delete first.

I want to get this straight so I don't get catch off unprepared again.
My Families Sync is V1.1.11.0
Families reports 1.1.1
I-Touch 4.3.3

Confused
(23-May-2011, 10:12 PM)KidFromPoint Wrote: I first got a netbook to take Legacy with me, but it didn't really fit my need - too bulky to have with me always. When I saw Families and the I-Touch, it fit my need perfectly.

I only update my Legacy on the PC. The I-Touch is a reference for me to have my trees with me 24X7. I got burned this weekend. I was at a funeral and thought I had done a sync and had a copy of the obit etc with me.

The only way I've been able to get updated stuff on the I-Touch is by deleting and then refreshing the sqlite file thru Families Sync then doing the I-tunes. It doesn't seem like I should have to delete first.

Families reports 1.1.1
I-Touch 4.3.3

Confused

There is no need to delete your family file before transferring a new version from the PC. Families Sync will warn you if there is already a version on the device (in case you made changes on the device and need to sync back to the PC) but if you click OK to this warning, the new version of the file will replace the old one.

Malcolm Green
(24-May-2011, 08:46 AM)malgre Wrote:
(23-May-2011, 10:12 PM)KidFromPoint Wrote: I first got a netbook to take Legacy with me, but it didn't really fit my need - too bulky to have with me always. When I saw Families and the I-Touch, it fit my need perfectly.

Families reports 1.1.1
I-Touch 4.3.3

Confused

There is no need to delete your family file before transferring a new version from the PC. Families Sync will warn you if there is already a version on the device (in case you made changes on the device and need to sync back to the PC) but if you click OK to this warning, the new version of the file will replace the old one.

Malcolm Green

After my surprise over the weekend of not having updated info on the I-Touch, I've tried repeatedly to synch the I-touch without deleting the data first, but it did upate. I tried with various states of when the i-touch was connected and when it was in Families.

What I had been doing is:
1) run Families Sync to creat the two SQlite files I want
2) connect the I-touch via the USB
3) bring up I-Tunes
4) select the i-touch and go into app
5) select Families
6) select one of the two sqlite files
7) sync.
8) select the other
9) sync.

P.S. I really like the App. It's the only app I have.
(24-May-2011, 06:40 PM)KidFromPoint Wrote:
(24-May-2011, 08:46 AM)malgre Wrote:

Families reports 1.1.1
I-Touch 4.3.3

Confused

Malcolm Green

After my surprise over the weekend of not having updated info on the I-Touch, I've tried repeatedly to synch the I-touch without deleting the data first, but it did upate. I tried with various states of when the i-touch was connected and when it was in Families.

What I had been doing is:
1) run Families Sync to creat the two SQlite files I want
2) connect the I-touch via the USB
3) bring up I-Tunes
4) select the i-touch and go into app
5) select Families
6) select one of the two sqlite files
7) sync.
8) select the other
9) sync.

P.S. I really like the App. It's the only app I have.

I think your problem is at steps 7 and 9. You need to click the "Add..." button, not the Sync button.

Malcolm Green