Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Export only preferred photo
I've had to turn off all exporting of photos because there were so many linked to my file. I link everything, photos, census records, military records, vitals, etc. It's just too much to go to my iPod (Families said there were 11,000+ photos). After Families converted photos for three hours, when it tried to export I ended up with an out of memory error on my iPod. Once I turned off the export photos, the data exported fine. I do wish, however, that I could at least have the preferred photo of each individual. The next step up would to be able to specify which facts export the photo (I'd probably do birth, baptism, death, marriage and burial and none of the others.) Thanks for considering it!
(14-Jun-2011, 12:18 PM)mlmckenzie Wrote: I've had to turn off all exporting of photos because there were so many linked to my file. I link everything, photos, census records, military records, vitals, etc. It's just too much to go to my iPod (Families said there were 11,000+ photos). After Families converted photos for three hours, when it tried to export I ended up with an out of memory error on my iPod. Once I turned off the export photos, the data exported fine. I do wish, however, that I could at least have the preferred photo of each individual. The next step up would to be able to specify which facts export the photo (I'd probably do birth, baptism, death, marriage and burial and none of the others.) Thanks for considering it!

This enhancement has already been requested and we hope to include it in the next version of Families Sync.

Malcolm Green
(14-Jun-2011, 03:52 PM)malgre Wrote: This enhancement has already been requested and we hope to include it in the next version of Families Sync.

Malcolm Green

Thank you. That makes me happy! Big Grin (Sorry to ask for something already requested. I didn't see it in the forum.)
(14-Jun-2011, 03:52 PM)malgre Wrote: This enhancement has already been requested and we hope to include it in the next version of Families Sync.

Malcolm Green

I love the new update! Thank you for the photos options. It's just what I needed. Big Grin