Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitch when entering dates on entries in Families
Rainbow 
Hi I have just spent an evening on my iPad with Families and have come across what seems to be a glitch in the edit menu, when entering a date. There is this scrolling screen underneath the date insert section. It appears all the time. It has not appeared before, and I guess I mean before the last update, but it may have been something to do with an update of legacy too, which has not gone well for me lately either. Hope u can shed some light on this for me.
telo0306
Rockingham, Western Australia
(08-Jul-2011, 01:34 PM)telo0306 Wrote: Hi I have just spent an evening on my iPad with Families and have come across what seems to be a glitch in the edit menu, when entering a date. There is this scrolling screen underneath the date insert section. It appears all the time. It has not appeared before, and I guess I mean before the last update, but it may have been something to do with an update of legacy too, which has not gone well for me lately either. Hope u can shed some light on this for me.
telo0306

I'm unclear where exactly you're seeing this, as I don't see any problem when entering dates. Could you describe the steps necessary to reproduce the problem and ideally send a screenshot (see http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/04/03/how...-your-ipad).

Malcolm Green
(08-Jul-2011, 02:22 PM)malgre Wrote:
(08-Jul-2011, 01:34 PM)telo0306 Wrote: Hi I have just spent an evening on my iPad with Families and have come across what seems to be a glitch in the edit menu, when entering a date. There is this scrolling screen underneath the date insert section. It appears all the time. It has not appeared before, and I guess I mean before the last update, but it may have been something to do with an update of legacy too, which has not gone well for me lately either. Hope u can shed some light on this for me.
telo0306

I'm unclear where exactly you're seeing this, as I don't see any problem when entering dates. Could you describe the steps necessary to reproduce the problem and ideally send a screenshot (see http://www.simplehelp.net/2010/04/03/how...-your-ipad).

Malcolm Green

Hi,
Starting Families I then go to a Family and then an Individual.
then - edit
- events
- birth
- date

then a cycling , scrolling panel going right to left appears under the date entry. It contains lines and input arrows. I can put a date in, in the date entry part, and every thing else seems to work but when I take a screenshot the problem is corrected and no screenshot taken.

I am also experiencing a number of crashes. Families just stops and I am back to the desktop, its seems the longer I use Families the more I seem to get.

Thanks for all your help
Telo0306
Rockingham Western Australia
(10-Jul-2011, 08:03 AM)telo0306 Wrote:
telo0306

Malcolm Green

Hi,
then - edit
- events
- birth
- date

then a cycling , scrolling panel going right to left appears under the date entry. It contains lines and input arrows. I can put a date in, in the date entry part, and every thing else seems to work but when I take a screenshot the problem is corrected and no screenshot taken.

I am also experiencing a number of crashes. Families just stops and I am back to the desktop, its seems the longer I use Families the more I seem to get.

Thanks for all your help
Telo0306

All you should see below the date entry field is the on-screen keyboard, certainly not anything scrolling. This sounds like a possible hardware fault. If you can't get a screenshot from the iPad, perhaps you could take one with a digital camera.

Malcolm Green
(11-Jul-2011, 10:41 AM)malgre Wrote:
telo0306

Malcolm Green

Hi,
then - edit
- events
- birth
- date

Thanks for all your help
Telo0306

All you should see below the date entry field is the on-screen keyboard, certainly not anything scrolling. This sounds like a possible hardware fault. If you can't get a screenshot from the iPad, perhaps you could take one with a digital camera.

Malcolm Green

Hi thanks for the reply herewith is a screenshot taken from my computer it gives some idea of what I'm seeing.

Telo0306
Rockingham
Western Australia
(12-Jul-2011, 08:42 AM)telo0306 Wrote:
telo0306

Malcolm Green

Hi,
then - edit
- events
- birth
- date

Thanks for all your help
Telo0306

Malcolm Green

Hi thanks for the reply herewith is a screenshot taken from my computer it gives some idea of what I'm seeing.

Telo0306
Rockingham
Western Australia

I don't see the screenshot - can you email it to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green
(12-Jul-2011, 08:56 AM)malgre Wrote:
(12-Jul-2011, 08:42 AM)telo0306 Wrote:
telo0306

Malcolm Green

Hi,
then - edit
- events
- birth
- date

Thanks for all your help
Telo0306

Malcolm Green

Telo0306
Rockingham
Western Australia

I don't see the screenshot - can you email it to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk.

Malcolm Green

I've emailed it off, hope you got it Smile
Telo0306
Rockingham
Western Australia
Hi to all
Special thanks to all those who tried to help me with this issue. I still have no idea what the problem was but the latest ipad update has cured this very troublesome although harmless ailment. Thanks once again.

Theresa
(28-Aug-2011, 09:35 AM)Cuddeback Wrote: then a cycling , scrolling panel going right to left appears under the date entry. It contains lines and input arrows. I can put a date in, in the date entry part, and every thing else seems to work but when I take a screenshot the problem is corrected and no screenshot taken.

We can't reproduce this problem but telo0306 reported that updating to the latest iPad OS version cured the problem.

Malcolm Green