Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot find sd card
Running on an Acer A500 tablet with Honeycomb 3.1. The tablet calls its internal storage SD and the removable card is called External_sd.
When I hook the tablet to my PC via USB I can see the Families folder with the default file inside it and I can copy to and from the folder with no problems.
However, when I run the Families Sync application, after converting the file format I get a " The Families Folder on your SD card cannot be found."
The base folder location is shown as "/mnt/sdcard"

Thanks
(20-Jul-2011, 11:23 PM)peejayw Wrote: Running on an Acer A500 tablet with Honeycomb 3.1. The tablet calls its internal storage SD and the removable card is called External_sd.
When I hook the tablet to my PC via USB I can see the Families folder with the default file inside it and I can copy to and from the folder with no problems.
However, when I run the Families Sync application, after converting the file format I get a " The Families Folder on your SD card cannot be found."
The base folder location is shown as "/mnt/sdcard"

Thanks

View your filesystem with a file manager app, such as Filer or Astro, and see what the mount point for the external SD is called (it may be /mnt/external_sd), then change the settings option Base Folder to this value.

Malcolm Green
Thanks for your reply.
When I installed Families the default Kennedy file was installed to mnt/sdcard.
However, I tried your suggestion, using a file manager I copied the Families folder across to mnt/external_sd and ran Families, it found the file OK.
I then tried running the sync program again but got the same result, cant find the sd card.
(21-Jul-2011, 10:14 PM)peejayw Wrote: Thanks for your reply.
When I installed Families the default Kennedy file was installed to mnt/sdcard.
However, I tried your suggestion, using a file manager I copied the Families folder across to mnt/external_sd and ran Families, it found the file OK.
I then tried running the sync program again but got the same result, cant find the sd card.

When you mount the SD card in Windows, what folders do you see?

Malcolm Green
Android, Apps, Backup,Bluetooth,Books, Data, DCIM, Documents, Download, Families etc. These are all folders.
(24-Jul-2011, 03:34 AM)peejayw Wrote: Android, Apps, Backup,Bluetooth,Books, Data, DCIM, Documents, Download, Families etc. These are all folders.

Now I'm confused! So you DO see the Families folder on the PC? Do you see the files within it correctly?

Malcolm Green
If you look at my original post you will see where I have stated I can see the Family folder from my PC.
The problem is that the Sync program cannot. So it cannot write the converted database from my PC to the Tablet.
The file inside is Kennedy.Thanks.
(25-Jul-2011, 03:28 AM)peejayw Wrote: If you look at my original post you will see where I have stated I can see the Family folder from my PC.
The problem is that the Sync program cannot. So it cannot write the converted database from my PC to the Tablet.
The file inside is Kennedy.Thanks.

As a temporary measure you can copy the file manually to the SD card. The converted file will be <yourfamilyfilename>.sqlite in the Documents\FamiliesSync folder on the PC. Just copy this to the Families folder on the SD card.

Can you confirm that the mounted SD card is shown as a Removable Disk in Windows Explorer.

Malcolm Green
Hi, no I dont see the sd card in that way. What I see is Acer Iconia tab listed under Portable Devices. When i select it i see Device Storage and inside that I see the folders i listed.
I think Honeycomb or maybe this device treats sc cards differently? I found this reference on another site..............

"The Iconia A500 uses MTP not mass storage (in fact I believe this is a function of honeycomb as the same applies for the Xoom)."

Does this help?

Thanks
(25-Jul-2011, 10:15 PM)peejayw Wrote: Hi, no I dont see the sd card in that way. What I see is Acer Iconia tab listed under Portable Devices. When i select it i see Device Storage and inside that I see the folders i listed.
I think Honeycomb or maybe this device treats sc cards differently? I found this reference on another site..............

"The Iconia A500 uses MTP not mass storage (in fact I believe this is a function of honeycomb as the same applies for the Xoom)."

Does this help?

Thanks

Please see http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/det...b-cable%3F. This appears to resolve the problem.

Malcolm Green