Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to sync on an Apple computer
Being a long time user of Legacy, I immediately purchased your app for the Iphone and iPad.
Now I have a problem with syncing. I work on an Apple computer and have Parallels installed with Windows 7 solely for the purpose of the Legacy software.
This means that iTunes is installed on my Mac, under OSx system of Apple.
I do not want to transfer this to Windows 7, but keep my syncing and updates of the iPad and iPhone under the Mac.
How do I get the syncing of Legacy done without transfering the other iTunes tasks to Windows 7?

Thank you.
(18-Aug-2010, 08:16 PM)Tinoky Wrote: Being a long time user of Legacy, I immediately purchased your app for the Iphone and iPad.
Now I have a problem with syncing. I work on an Apple computer and have Parallels installed with Windows 7 solely for the purpose of the Legacy software.
This means that iTunes is installed on my Mac, under OSx system of Apple.
I do not want to transfer this to Windows 7, but keep my syncing and updates of the iPad and iPhone under the Mac.
How do I get the syncing of Legacy done without transfering the other iTunes tasks to Windows 7?

Thank you.

Families Sync requires Bonjour to locate devices. This is included with iTunes which is why we normally advise that iTunes should be installed on the PC. However, you can just install Bonjour for Windows (downloadable from Apple).

Malcolm Green
Thank you so much for you quick reply, I am going to try that.
[You clearly are understanding the impatience of someone wanting to try it out!...]

Your suggestion of installing only Bonjour for Windows did the trick!!
I have my data on my iPad, thank you so much!!
Now I am able to take my iPad to the archives with on it all my data because of your great app.
Alleluia! Thank you!! I have just installed the new version with the new USB sync option - on my PC (Windows based) and after 90 minutes of trial and error - IT WORKS!! I now have my very large Legacy file travelling with me on my iPhone - thank you again - I am very happy!