Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: password option
Would it be an idea to add a password option on your app of families?
The familytree includes living relatives and I would like to see that protected.
It prevents me from installing it on my iPhone now.
Thank you.
(18-Aug-2010, 08:23 PM)Tinoky Wrote: Would it be an idea to add a password option on your app of families?
The familytree includes living relatives and I would like to see that protected.
It prevents me from installing it on my iPhone now.
Thank you.

Good suggestion - I'll add it to the enhancement list.

Malcolm Green
Wow! Great, would love to have it on my iPhone as well!!
Thank you
(18-Aug-2010, 08:40 PM)Tinoky Wrote: Wow! Great, would love to have it on my iPhone as well!!
Thank you

Do you think a 4 digit passcode (as used to secure the iPhone) would be sufficient or would you want a full alphanumeric password?

Malcolm
(19-Aug-2010, 08:08 AM)malgre Wrote:
(18-Aug-2010, 08:40 PM)Tinoky Wrote: Wow! Great, would love to have it on my iPhone as well!!
Thank you

Do you think a 4 digit passcode (as used to secure the iPhone) would be sufficient or would you want a full alphanumeric password?

Malcolm

I would like to see a full alphanumeric password
(19-Aug-2010, 08:08 AM)malgre Wrote:
Thank you

Malcolm

Alternatively, you could as password protected option hide all living people. So you would have :

Password Protection
* Off
* Opening family (each time you go into the family it asked for password)
* Hide living (so living people automatically shown simply as 'Living Person' and if you press on one of these living people you can enter a password to show the details, and this is reset when you come into that family next time).

Numeric would suffice to me, so maybe you could have an option so everyone is happy.
Malcolm,

I would definitely be in favor of full alpha-numeric password capability, and would add support for non-alpha/numeric keys as well (e.g. symbols, punctuation, etc.). My background is from the military and the aerospace industry, so I tend to favor more security when given the option. :-)

Having said that, I think it would be tedious to require a password to be entered each time I wished to view a living person on my iPhone/iPad\iPod Touch. Instead I would prefer the program to offer the following options:

1. A Master Hide/Display Living setting. This setting would effect all databases stored on Families. Program default would be to Hide Living, resulting in 'Living Person' being displayed for any living person.

2. Offer the user the option of protecting that Master Hide/Display Living setting with a complex password. The Master Hide/Display Living setting could be activated/deactivated by the user after entry of the password.

John Zimmerman