Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound files lost
I used the sync function of "Families Sync" to "Write a Legacy File to iPod Touch," a Legacy file that included one sound file. The sound file was inserted within the Edit Event function in Legacy--when you hover over the picture frame, it offers you the option of "Add Pictures, Sound, and Video." I also had added to that particular event two photos.

When I looked at that particular event on the iPod Touch (4th generation), the photos were visible. However, the sound file was nowhere to be found. When I conducted an additional sync using "Families Sync," this time "Reading Legacy File from iPod Touch," I subsequently opened the new Legacy file on the desktop and the sound file was now gone.

I'm assuming that this is simply one component of the desktop Legacy program that is inevitably lost when one transfers back and forth with the Families iPod Touch program. Am I assuming correctly? If so, are there other components that would be lost in similar fashion? Might there be the possibility of adding a feature to the iPod Touch program that permits a transfer of sound files (and even the ability to add a sound file to the iPod Touch program which could then be transferred back to the desktop Legacy program)?

P.S. I have tried the Intellishare feature but had so many records come up as problematic that it would be time consuming to employ that process as a regular way to transfer files back and forth. So, my desire would be to be assured that everything on the desktop program is actually making its way to the iPod program, and vice versa, via the simple file transfer method. (I intend to make changes on only one of the platforms at a time to avoid the need to merge the two platforms' files.)
(05-Sep-2011, 04:57 AM)Steve Wrote: I used the sync function of "Families Sync" to "Write a Legacy File to iPod Touch," a Legacy file that included one sound file. The sound file was inserted within the Edit Event function in Legacy--when you hover over the picture frame, it offers you the option of "Add Pictures, Sound, and Video." I also had added to that particular event two photos.

When I looked at that particular event on the iPod Touch (4th generation), the photos were visible. However, the sound file was nowhere to be found. When I conducted an additional sync using "Families Sync," this time "Reading Legacy File from iPod Touch," I subsequently opened the new Legacy file on the desktop and the sound file was now gone.

I'm assuming that this is simply one component of the desktop Legacy program that is inevitably lost when one transfers back and forth with the Families iPod Touch program. Am I assuming correctly? If so, are there other components that would be lost in similar fashion? Might there be the possibility of adding a feature to the iPod Touch program that permits a transfer of sound files (and even the ability to add a sound file to the iPod Touch program which could then be transferred back to the desktop Legacy program)?

P.S. I have tried the Intellishare feature but had so many records come up as problematic that it would be time consuming to employ that process as a regular way to transfer files back and forth. So, my desire would be to be assured that everything on the desktop program is actually making its way to the iPod program, and vice versa, via the simple file transfer method. (I intend to make changes on only one of the platforms at a time to avoid the need to merge the two platforms' files.)

Currently the only media files transferred to the device are photos. Note, however, that nothing is lost on transferring back to the PC as the links in the file are all maintained - it's just the media files themselves which may not be transferred. Note also that you can limit the number of photo files transferred using settings options.

In a forthcoming version we will support other types of media files, including sound files, although there will be a limit on the maximum length of such files as these can potentially be very large.

Malcolm Green