Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sources not working
13-Sep-2011, 01:45 PM
Sources not working
Since the last update (v 1.2.0) I haven't been able to add sources in Families. Has anyone else found this, and is there a solution? Its made the app basically useless to me, as there's no longer any point in adding data if I can't attribute a source. I use the app a lot when commuting or travelling to libraries, etc, so the ability to add data was the app's major strength as I no longer had to carry my laptop.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
13-Sep-2011, 04:00 PM
RE: Sources not working
(13-Sep-2011 01:45 PM)Searching Wrote:  Since the last update (v 1.2.0) I haven't been able to add sources in Families. Has anyone else found this, and is there a solution? Its made the app basically useless to me, as there's no longer any point in adding data if I can't attribute a source. I use the app a lot when commuting or travelling to libraries, etc, so the ability to add data was the app's major strength as I no longer had to carry my laptop.

This has not been reported before but you're quite right - this problem appears to have been introduced while adding support for AKA sources. We'll fix this as soon as possible - unfortunately it's just missed 1.3.0 which should be available shortly, so it will probably be a couple of weeks before we can get a bugfix release out. Thanks for reporting the problem.

Malcolm Green
13-Sep-2011, 11:37 PM
Thanks Malcolm. I have reported it twice through the iTunes store "Report a Problem" under the app, but presume you are not getting those notifications. I look forward to the fix!
14-Sep-2011, 08:57 AM
(13-Sep-2011 11:37 PM)Searching Wrote:  Thanks Malcolm. I have reported it twice through the iTunes store "Report a Problem" under the app, but presume you are not getting those notifications. I look forward to the fix!

Unfortunately it appears that Apple do not forward issues reported via "Report a Problem" to the developer (see this posting). We advise users to report problems via the forum as this is generally the quickest way to get an answer.

Malcolm Green
04-Oct-2011, 10:26 PM
Thank you! Sources are now working properly with the most recent update. Thanks for listening to my problem and fixing it promptly. You are back to being my favourite app.
08-Jun-2012, 09:41 AM
Sources. Will not work on my iPad. I have reinstalled and still does not work. Is this a problem for others.
08-Jun-2012, 09:47 AM
(08-Jun-2012 09:41 AM)Carolan Wrote:  Sources. Will not work on my iPad. I have reinstalled and still does not work. Is this a problem for others.

Please be more specific about what does not work.

Malcolm Green
09-Jun-2012, 04:22 AM (This post was last modified: 09-Jun-2012 04:23 AM by Searching.)
While I have loaded Families to my Ipad, I haven't used it until now, to check this problem. It seems its not possible to add sources, either Master or New - if you click on the Add Source button, there is no option to actually add anything. A black bar with a tab on it appears at the top of the page, but it cannot be opened/dragged. I presume this is the problem Carolan is having.

Existing sources seem to be able to be viewed and edited.
09-Jun-2012, 09:35 AM
(09-Jun-2012 04:22 AM)Searching Wrote:  While I have loaded Families to my Ipad, I haven't used it until now, to check this problem. It seems its not possible to add sources, either Master or New - if you click on the Add Source button, there is no option to actually add anything. A black bar with a tab on it appears at the top of the page, but it cannot be opened/dragged. I presume this is the problem Carolan is having.

Existing sources seem to be able to be viewed and edited.

To add a source (e.g. for an individual):
- select Individual View and tap Edit
- tap Sources then tap Edit
- tap Add Source then tap either Cite a Master Source or Add a New Source

Malcolm Green
09-Jun-2012, 11:03 AM
That's the theory, but when your select either of the source types, you are enable proceed further. The normal selections don't appear - there is nothing except the aforementioned black bar, which doesn't move or select.