Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install application to "SD card" and not phone memory??
Hi all,

I installed the Families Application, however I cannot move it to the SD card.

I was wondering if this is a 'application' feature OR is there another way of ensuring it's installed on to the SD card memory and not the phone memory?

Thank you in advance.
Craig.
(17-Oct-2011, 05:39 AM)RedWizard75 Wrote: Hi all,

I installed the Families Application, however I cannot move it to the SD card.

I was wondering if this is a 'application' feature OR is there another way of ensuring it's installed on to the SD card memory and not the phone memory?

Thank you in advance.
Craig.

This will be possible with the next version.

Malcolm Green
Has a new version come out that automatically saves to the sd card? I paid for the app late last year - November or December. I have downloaded the Sync program to my computer, but the computer couldn't recognize the app in my phone after I connected the two with usb cable.Huh Not sure what I'm doing wrong; this technology is blowing my mind! Big Grin
(29-Apr-2013, 09:55 PM)billssis Wrote: Has a new version come out that automatically saves to the sd card? I paid for the app late last year - November or December. I have downloaded the Sync program to my computer, but the computer couldn't recognize the app in my phone after I connected the two with usb cable.Huh Not sure what I'm doing wrong; this technology is blowing my mind! Big Grin

I think you may be confusing two different things. The previous posts were referring to the ability to move the app itself to the SD card from internal memory. This is a standard Android feature, accessible from the Apps menu in Settings.

I think you're referring to the fact that you were unable to transfer your family file, i.e. the app's data, to the phone's SD card. You don't specify the type of phone you have, but this FAQ entry - http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863 - may help. Also the How To section on our web site - http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/howto - may be useful. You may find it easier to use Wi-Fi rather than USB to transfer your file.

Malcolm Green