No
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families for Kindle Fire?
I just received my Kindle Fire, which is a (kinda) Android device. But it connects only to Amazon's app store, not to the Kindle Market. So Families isn't available. Will you be producing a version of Families for the Kindle Fire?

Incidentally, my wife (who is a geek like me) today succeeded in side-loading the Gedstar Pro app into her Fire, and it runs quite well. To do so it required her to get an installer for that app onto her PC, from whence she could copy it to the Fire (as a file), and then run the Quick App Installer app that allows installation of non-Amazon-blessed apps. Since that app runs I imagine Families would run as well. However, your site has no way I can directly download the installer; I have to go through the Market, which the Fire can't access.
(19-Nov-2011, 09:53 PM)allenwatson Wrote: I just received my Kindle Fire, which is a (kinda) Android device. But it connects only to Amazon's app store, not to the Kindle Market. So Families isn't available. Will you be producing a version of Families for the Kindle Fire?

Incidentally, my wife (who is a geek like me) today succeeded in side-loading the Gedstar Pro app into her Fire, and it runs quite well. To do so it required her to get an installer for that app onto her PC, from whence she could copy it to the Fire (as a file), and then run the Quick App Installer app that allows installation of non-Amazon-blessed apps. Since that app runs I imagine Families would run as well. However, your site has no way I can directly download the installer; I have to go through the Market, which the Fire can't access.

We've submitted the app to Amazon for inclusion in their Appstore. Meanwhile you may be able to install it from SlideME.

Malcolm Green
(20-Nov-2011, 10:46 AM)malgre Wrote: We've submitted the app to Amazon for inclusion in their Appstore. Meanwhile you may be able to install it from SlideME.

Malcolm Green

Thanks! I went to SlideME and got Families there. Not exactly straightforward, but it worked. I did have to pay again, but for a great app I don't mind paying twice. The "Kennedy" database came up fine, and playing around a few minutes, everything seems to work.
(22-Nov-2011, 08:57 PM)allenwatson Wrote:
(20-Nov-2011, 10:46 AM)malgre Wrote: We've submitted the app to Amazon for inclusion in their Appstore. Meanwhile you may be able to install it from SlideME.

Malcolm Green

Thanks! I went to SlideME and got Families there. Not exactly straightforward, but it worked. I did have to pay again, but for a great app I don't mind paying twice. The "Kennedy" database came up fine, and playing around a few minutes, everything seems to work.

Thanks for that information. Please let us know of any issues you find with using Families on the Kindle Fire.

Malcolm Green
(19-Nov-2011, 09:53 PM)allenwatson Wrote: I just received my Kindle Fire, which is a (kinda) Android device. But it connects only to Amazon's app store, not to the Kindle Market. So Families isn't available. Will you be producing a version of Families for the Kindle Fire?

You can purchase Families for Kindle Fire from the Amazon Appstore.

Malcolm Green