Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAC and PC question
I am a Legacy user and would like to buy the iPad Families app. But first let me describe my setup and tell me if it will work.

I have a Win7 PC with iTunes that I use to sync my iPhone. I have a Macbook Pro with iTunes that I use to sync my iPad. Since I am developing apps for the iPad I can't have it sync to the PC, it has to stay on the Mac. My Mac can share files with my PC when necessary by manually copying files.

Can I make the syncing process work for my iPad? If so, what's the process?

Paul
(27-Feb-2012, 11:48 PM)pauldrussell Wrote: I am a Legacy user and would like to buy the iPad Families app. But first let me describe my setup and tell me if it will work.

I have a Win7 PC with iTunes that I use to sync my iPhone. I have a Macbook Pro with iTunes that I use to sync my iPad. Since I am developing apps for the iPad I can't have it sync to the PC, it has to stay on the Mac. My Mac can share files with my PC when necessary by manually copying files.

Paul

The Families Sync application only runs in Windows but works fine using Parallels on Mac.

Malcolm Green
(27-Feb-2012, 11:56 PM)malgre Wrote:
(27-Feb-2012, 11:48 PM)pauldrussell Wrote: I am a Legacy user and would like to buy the iPad Families app. But first let me describe my setup and tell me if it will work.

Paul

The Families Sync application only runs in Windows but works fine using Parallels on Mac.

Malcolm Green

So could I use iTunes on the Mac to sync the Families file from the iPad to the Mac, then copy the file to the PC, then sync it with Legacy?
and vice-versa?
Paul
(28-Feb-2012, 12:18 AM)pauldrussell Wrote:
(27-Feb-2012, 11:56 PM)malgre Wrote:

Paul

Malcolm Green

So could I use iTunes on the Mac to sync the Families file from the iPad to the Mac, then copy the file to the PC, then sync it with Legacy?
and vice-versa?
Paul

In fact you don't need to use iTunes at all if you sync using Wi-Fi, so you could just run Families Sync on the PC, which will do the conversion and copy the file to/from the iPad over Wi-Fi.

If you want to sync using USB, you can run Families Sync on the PC to do the conversion, and iTunes on the Mac to transfer to/from the iPad, copying the file manually between the PC and Mac as you suggest.

Malcolm Green