Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Information by place - especially "to dos"
The main advantage of Families seems to me to be its portability. I can take my family tree around with me where a laptop would be inconvenient or impractical.
The main things I want to do when taking a portable tree around is
1. check "to dos" for the given locality
2. check people who have events linked with that locality

Neither of these seems possible with the current version of Families.
I have to write out a list before of all the people who have "to dos" or events linked with a place I am going to, and then of course I can use Families to give me the details when I am there.

But it would be so much more convenient if I could search "to dos" by locality and people by event locations.

Any chance of these enhancements in the future?

Teresa
(07-Apr-2012, 12:56 PM)Teresa Wrote: The main advantage of Families seems to me to be its portability. I can take my family tree around with me where a laptop would be inconvenient or impractical.
The main things I want to do when taking a portable tree around is
1. check "to dos" for the given locality
2. check people who have events linked with that locality

Neither of these seems possible with the current version of Families.
I have to write out a list before of all the people who have "to dos" or events linked with a place I am going to, and then of course I can use Families to give me the details when I am there.

But it would be so much more convenient if I could search "to dos" by locality and people by event locations.

Any chance of these enhancements in the future?

Teresa

You can already search for people by location (tap the search button and select Search by Location).

We'll try to include the ability to search ToDos in a future version.

Malcolm Green