Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iTunes Library
Guys I've checked the FAQs and Threads but couldn't find anything about my dilemma. I have Win XP operating with Parallels 7 on an iMac and my current iTunes is on my iMac. Obvioulsy the Legacy data is on the Win XP environment and I sync my iPad with the iMac version of iTunes. My question is this...can I use the iMac version of iTunes to sync the legacy family tree data or do I have to use a Win XP iTunes to do this? If I have to use the Win XP iTunes, how do I transfer all my apps and songs on my iPad to the Win XP iTunes without losing my data?
Thanks
(13-Apr-2012, 04:54 AM)sozjack Wrote: Guys I've checked the FAQs and Threads but couldn't find anything about my dilemma. I have Win XP operating with Parallels 7 on an iMac and my current iTunes is on my iMac. Obvioulsy the Legacy data is on the Win XP environment and I sync my iPad with the iMac version of iTunes. My question is this...can I use the iMac version of iTunes to sync the legacy family tree data or do I have to use a Win XP iTunes to do this? If I have to use the Win XP iTunes, how do I transfer all my apps and songs on my iPad to the Win XP iTunes without losing my data?
Thanks

You can use iTunes on the iMac to transfer the family files. When you click the Add button, you should find the sqlite file you need to transfer in the Documents/FamiliesSync folder, as in Windows, since this is shared between OSX and Parallels.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm thank you so much for this assistance. All worked fine and I've been playing with my family tree on my iPad. What a fantastic app so thanks for developing this and also your quick response. Much appreciated.
My situation is slightly different to the one described at the start of this thread, but it's still a 'data lost when syncing' issue...

I recently replaced my 3GS with a 4S. When I connected my new phone with iTunes for the first time it loaded all of my apps, music etc onto my new phone, but none of the data on the apps that had lots of data. I had expected a full data transfer too... That is certainly what happened when I last replaced my iPhone.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice this till a few days later.. After which my old iPhone had already been stripped bare and given away....

If there anyway I can get my old data back? Could it be done with time machine for instance?

I fully admit to being only moderately skilled on the IT front.. and would need to be spoon-fed with a solutions. And am frankly terrified with all of this, incase I lose even more data..(at least at the moment I do have all my contacts and iCal, which are syncing nicely... Touch wood ....with iCloud)

Dr. selim can alkoc
Dr. selim can alkoc
(17-Feb-2014, 12:30 PM)dr.selimalkoc Wrote: My situation is slightly different to the one described at the start of this thread, but it's still a 'data lost when syncing' issue...

I recently replaced my 3GS with a 4S. When I connected my new phone with iTunes for the first time it loaded all of my apps, music etc onto my new phone, but none of the data on the apps that had lots of data. I had expected a full data transfer too... That is certainly what happened when I last replaced my iPhone.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice this till a few days later.. After which my old iPhone had already been stripped bare and given away....

If there anyway I can get my old data back? Could it be done with time machine for instance?

I fully admit to being only moderately skilled on the IT front.. and would need to be spoon-fed with a solutions. And am frankly terrified with all of this, incase I lose even more data..(at least at the moment I do have all my contacts and iCal, which are syncing nicely... Touch wood ....with iCloud)

Dr. selim can alkoc
Dr. selim can alkoc

This is not a Families app issue. If you backed up your old phone using either iTunes or iCloud then you should be able to restore the data from there. For your Families data, presumably you can transfer from your PC again using Families Sync. For further assistance with Apple related issues I suggest you contact one of the Apple support forums.

Malcolm Green