Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync problem
Malcolm--
I'm a new user (signed up after your Legacy webinar). I followed the initial sync instructions exactly, however when I press ADD, then REPLACE to download my Riggs.sqlite file I get the error message "Riggs.sqlite could not be copied because an error occurred. An error occurred while reading from the device."

I look through the Forum but did not find anyone else who had this problem. It's an iPhone 3G. Please help as I'm going to NC tomorrow on a genealogy trip with my mother. Thanks!
(02-May-2012, 12:35 AM)mnriggs Wrote: Malcolm--
I'm a new user (signed up after your Legacy webinar). I followed the initial sync instructions exactly, however when I press ADD, then REPLACE to download my Riggs.sqlite file I get the error message "Riggs.sqlite could not be copied because an error occurred. An error occurred while reading from the device."

I look through the Forum but did not find anyone else who had this problem. It's an iPhone 3G. Please help as I'm going to NC tomorrow on a genealogy trip with my mother. Thanks!

I've not come across this problem before. Unfortunately as the error is reported in iTunes, which is Apple's software rather than ours, our scope for rectifying it is limited. Is there an error number displayed with the message? My suggestions would be:

- Power off the iPhone, then power on again and try the transfer again.
- If that doesn't succeed, use Wi-Fi transfer (which would be my preferred option in any case)

Malcolm Green
(02-May-2012, 09:01 AM)malgre Wrote:
(02-May-2012, 12:35 AM)mnriggs Wrote: Malcolm--

I've not come across this problem before. Unfortunately as the error is reported in iTunes, which is Apple's software rather than ours, our scope for rectifying it is limited. Is there an error number displayed with the message? My suggestions would be:

- Power off the iPhone, then power on again and try the transfer again.
- If that doesn't succeed, use Wi-Fi transfer (which would be my preferred option in any case)

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,
After restarting the iPhone and the PC, I tried again with same failure. So I tried the WiFi transfer, which worked great. Thanks much. I look forward to using my iPhone when out in the cemeteries. Big Grin

I ran it and it was successful
I now have my file on my iphone.
this was successful i could able to get all my files on my iphone

bcodez info
In the sync settings of my google account an error appeared, something like. Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly.
(16-Jan-2017, 08:48 PM)Hvashikaran Wrote: In the sync settings of my google account an error appeared, something like. Sync is currently experiencing problems, it will be back shortly.

This has nothing to do with Families.

Malcolm Green