Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
transfer from ipad to PC
I don't have a button to transfer from my iPad to my PC. How do I transfer from my iPad to my PC?
(22-Aug-2012, 04:03 AM)sl43 Wrote: I don't have a button to transfer from my iPad to my PC. How do I transfer from my iPad to my PC?

Please see the section "Transferring Family Files" in the Families Sync help for full details of transferring in both directions.

Malcolm Green
I have read the transferring a file from the device and it says 'Click the "Read Legacy File from <device>" button'. I don't have a Read Legacy File from <device> button. How do I get the button?
(23-Aug-2012, 12:27 AM)sl43 Wrote: I have read the transferring a file from the device and it says 'Click the "Read Legacy File from <device>" button'. I don't have a Read Legacy File from <device> button. How do I get the button?

Are you using WiFi or USB transfer?

Malcolm Green
I am using wifi
(23-Aug-2012, 07:52 PM)sl43 Wrote: I am using wifi

And you're running Families Sync on the PC? You should see the "Read Family File ..." button on the left of the screen.

Malcolm Green
I am using Families Sync on a PC. The only button I have is "Write Legacy File...". It is on the bottom left.
(24-Aug-2012, 03:47 PM)sl43 Wrote: I am using Families Sync on a PC. The only button I have is "Write Legacy File...". It is on the bottom left.

Have you selected the file you want to transfer from the list at top right? Also, are you using the latest version of Families Sync, 1.4.6?

Malcolm Green
(24-Aug-2012, 03:53 PM)malgre Wrote:
(24-Aug-2012, 03:47 PM)sl43 Wrote: I am using Families Sync on a PC. The only button I have is "Write Legacy File...". It is on the bottom left.

Have you selected the file you want to transfer from the list at top right? Also, are you using the latest version of Families Sync, 1.4.6?

Malcolm Green

I have selected the file from the list on tip right and nothing happens. I have version 1.4.6 on the PC. The version on my iPad is 1.6.0.
(28-Aug-2012, 12:02 AM)sl43 Wrote:
(24-Aug-2012, 03:53 PM)malgre Wrote:

Malcolm Green

I have selected the file from the list on tip right and nothing happens. I have version 1.4.6 on the PC. The version on my iPad is 1.6.0.

This sounds very strange. Can you please send a screenshot showing the Families Sync window with the file that you wish to transfer selected.

Malcolm Green