Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing Notes
This may be a problem with my Android tablet but on attempting to edit the notes, instead of showing a large block of text for me to click into and amend the text, I get presented with only a single line of text and it's not the text where I want to edit. The only recourse is to try to scroll through the single line of text until I find the point for editing.

The tablet screen provides a quite deep editing area but as noted above, only 1 line of text appears. Is this a known issue?

Otherwise a great programme
(03-Sep-2012, 12:26 AM)nadgw Wrote: This may be a problem with my Android tablet but on attempting to edit the notes, instead of showing a large block of text for me to click into and amend the text, I get presented with only a single line of text and it's not the text where I want to edit. The only recourse is to try to scroll through the single line of text until I find the point for editing.

The tablet screen provides a quite deep editing area but as noted above, only 1 line of text appears. Is this a known issue?

Otherwise a great programme

Are you referring to the notes on the Individual View page? These are displayed full-screen on my Android tablet. What is the type of your tablet?

Malcolm Green
    My Tablet is a ZTE 7inch model (V9) running Android 2.2.

In individual view with Notes selected, the entire screen is devoted to the display of the notes, as expected. Selecting the EDIT option still shows the notes filling the screen but on touching the text in order to edit it, the tablet shows the editing area in the top half of the screen and the touch key pad in the lower half. But instead of seeing several lines of text in the editing panel, I get only a single line as shown in the attached pic. Added to that, although I may have tried to edit a line of text near the bottom of the screen, the line displayed in the editing panel is either the 1st or 2nd line of the text that was showing in the VIEW mode.
(03-Sep-2012, 12:12 PM)nadgw Wrote: My Tablet is a ZTE 7inch model (V9) running Android 2.2.

In individual view with Notes selected, the entire screen is devoted to the display of the notes, as expected. Selecting the EDIT option still shows the notes filling the screen but on touching the text in order to edit it, the tablet shows the editing area in the top half of the screen and the touch key pad in the lower half. But instead of seeing several lines of text in the editing panel, I get only a single line as shown in the attached pic. Added to that, although I may have tried to edit a line of text near the bottom of the screen, the line displayed in the editing panel is either the 1st or 2nd line of the text that was showing in the VIEW mode.

This problem may be specific to Android 2.2. I can't reproduce it on my Android 4.1 tablet. Does the same problem occur with the device in portrait mode?

Malcolm Green
Thanks for the comment and the question re portrait mode. No the problem is not there in portrait mode (hadn't tried that before), but it has another quirk which I am going to put down to my tablet and its operating system version. Thanks for the help.