Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant transfer zipped Dropbox file to Android device
Hi,

I use Dropbox to store all of my Legacy data as I have a few PC's. I have recently purchased an Android tablet and have installed the 'Families' application. I have set the default paths in <settings> to my Dropbox files to transfer my family file, but 'Families' will not recognise the zipped file format it seems. Legacy uses zipped files automatically for backup, so I am unsure about how to transfer my files to my Android device. Would greatly appreciate some help please.

Margie
(09-Sep-2012, 10:10 AM)Margie Wrote: Hi,

I use Dropbox to store all of my Legacy data as I have a few PC's. I have recently purchased an Android tablet and have installed the 'Families' application. I have set the default paths in <settings> to my Dropbox files to transfer my family file, but 'Families' will not recognise the zipped file format it seems. Legacy uses zipped files automatically for backup, so I am unsure about how to transfer my files to my Android device. Would greatly appreciate some help please.

Margie

You need to transfer the file using the Families Sync program. See the How To section on http://www.telgen.co.uk/families

Malcolm Green
(09-Sep-2012, 10:39 AM)malgre Wrote:

Margie

You need to transfer the file using the Families Sync program. See the How To section on http://www.telgen.co.uk/families

Malcolm Green

Thanks for your quick reply Malcolm. I'm using Families Sync, and it is recognising my device but the next step ...[Tap the “Write Legacy File to …” button. A file selection dialog will be displayed, allowing selection of the family file to be transferred. This is the file with extension .fdb which you normally open in Legacy.] ..this does not work because legacy has backed up into a .zip file instead of a .fdb file. I get a message saying that the file format is not supported. Am I better off to move my entire Legacy program into Dropbox rather than just doing backups there?
(09-Sep-2012, 11:03 AM)Margie Wrote:
(09-Sep-2012, 10:39 AM)malgre Wrote:

Margie

Malcolm Green

Thanks for your quick reply Malcolm. I'm using Families Sync, and it is recognising my device but the next step ...[Tap the “Write Legacy File to …” button. A file selection dialog will be displayed, allowing selection of the family file to be transferred. This is the file with extension .fdb which you normally open in Legacy.] ..this does not work because legacy has backed up into a .zip file instead of a .fdb file. I get a message saying that the file format is not supported. Am I better off to move my entire Legacy program into Dropbox rather than just doing backups there?

No, you just need to reference your actual FDB file (wherever it's stored) NOT the backup. This is the file that Legacy accesses and which needs to be converted for Families.

Malcolm Green
I am getting a sqlite error IO- Disk IO error. I use Dropbox to synch a Samsung Nexus Google smart phone and Legacy 7.5 on Windows V7. I compared the PC and Families database entries and they are 4 days out of sync What can I do? Thanks in advance.
(01-Mar-2013, 01:56 PM)mhelmant Wrote: I am getting a sqlite error IO- Disk IO error. I use Dropbox to synch a Samsung Nexus Google smart phone and Legacy 7.5 on Windows V7. I compared the PC and Families database entries and they are 4 days out of sync What can I do? Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Green