Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting a place
Hi,
There has to be an easier way to select a place for and event from the list that has been generated in Legacy that has been moved to "Families".
Have tried the search function which works fine, however am unable to then select the place and have it linked to the event which would be helpful.
Can do it in legacy so would like to be able to do it within "Families" as well.
Also would recommend the ability to type in ones own event for example 1900 Census USA, or 1901 Census England & Wales, 1901 Cenus Canada so one can see quickly that a person has been found in particular census, rather helpful when doing a One Name Study on many branches of the one family.
(08-Dec-2012, 01:14 AM)GRIMASON Wrote: Hi,
There has to be an easier way to select a place for and event from the list that has been generated in Legacy that has been moved to "Families".
Have tried the search function which works fine, however am unable to then select the place and have it linked to the event which would be helpful.
Can do it in legacy so would like to be able to do it within "Families" as well.
Also would recommend the ability to type in ones own event for example 1900 Census USA, or 1901 Census England & Wales, 1901 Cenus Canada so one can see quickly that a person has been found in particular census, rather helpful when doing a One Name Study on many branches of the one family.

I'm unclear what the problem is. To select a place for an event you would use the following steps:
1. Tap the event's Place field.
2. Choose the option to either select from the Master Location List or enter a new location.
3. If you selected the first option, choose a location, either by scrolling to find it or using the search option from the menu. After selecting the location, it will be shown in the Event View.
4. If you chose to enter a new location, enter the details on the form displayed.

The above procedure matches closely with what you would do in Legacy.

To enter a new event, select Add Event from the menu on the Individual or Family View.

Malcolm Green
(08-Dec-2012, 10:51 AM)malgre Wrote:
(08-Dec-2012, 01:14 AM)GRIMASON Wrote: Hi,

I'm unclear what the problem is. To select a place for an event you would use the following steps:
1. Tap the event's Place field.
2. Choose the option to either select from the Master Location List or enter a new location.
3. If you selected the first option, choose a location, either by scrolling to find it or using the search option from the menu. After selecting the location, it will be shown in the Event View.
4. If you chose to enter a new location, enter the details on the form displayed.

The above procedure matches closely with what you would do in Legacy.

To enter a new event, select Add Event from the menu on the Individual or Family View.

Malcolm Green
Hi,
I have been using the Master Location list, the search works fine it is the selecting the place that has the bug as I have tried press and hold and also tapping the place name I want it expecting it to attach to the event.
However it fails to link to the event and the place remains blank I keep getting the full list Master list yet again in it's ranking and scrolling through that in my case is a Pain to put it mildly, taking 3 hrs to enter four lots of census results for one family of four individuals is way to long.
Scrolling through the list fast just crashes the app on the tablet and I have the higher specked tablet.
I suspect I have about 1500 place names in my database and that is a rough estimate and the total number is likely to be higher than that may even be closer to 3,000.
Entering a new location works just fine thank you.
I have a Vigo 9.7 inch tablet running Andriod 4.0 (icecream sandwich)
Am having the same difficulty: -- choosing location from Master List, via search. Can find the desired location, however tapping it does not produce the desired link to the event. Instead, the next screen is the Master Location List. ,
(01-Jan-2013, 12:35 AM)cfprong Wrote: Am having the same difficulty: -- choosing location from Master List, via search. Can find the desired location, however tapping it does not produce the desired link to the event. Instead, the next screen is the Master Location List. ,

This problem has been identified and will be fixed in the next version.

Malcolm Green