Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat
When I tried to update Families Sync, my virus scan (PC Tools Spyware Doctor) indicated that the above threat was in the update. The update was aborted and now I cannot open the old version of the program. PC tools indicates that it quarantined and then deleted the threat...and apparently the program. Have you had reports of this virus being carried in the update? How do I get Families Sync back on my computer?
(14-Jan-2013, 01:17 AM)ljvhp@comcast.net Wrote: When I tried to update Families Sync, my virus scan (PC Tools Spyware Doctor) indicated that the above threat was in the update. The update was aborted and now I cannot open the old version of the program. PC tools indicates that it quarantined and then deleted the threat...and apparently the program. Have you had reports of this virus being carried in the update? How do I get Families Sync back on my computer?

We've checked the installation with two different virus checkers and found no problem. You can try installing from http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/downloa...cSetup.exe

Malcolm Green
I ran a complete scan of my system, then tried to download from the suggested site; the virus scanner once again blocked installation:
Threat Name - HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat
Details -PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus has blocked an application attempting to access a file
Risk Level - Medium
Infection -C\PROGRAM FILES (X86) TELGEN\FAMILIES SYNC.EXE

There is a shortcut on my desktop, when I try to access the program, I get:
"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"
and PC Tools shows infection quarantined, infection cleaned.

HELP!
(14-Jan-2013, 08:01 PM)ljvhp@comcast.net Wrote: I ran a complete scan of my system, then tried to download from the suggested site; the virus scanner once again blocked installation:
Details -PC Tools Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus has blocked an application attempting to access a file
Risk Level - Medium

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item"

HELP!

Do you have the latest version of PC Tools? I note from searching the web that this product spuriously reported the HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat on a Skype installation and the user was advised to update to the latest version of PC Tools.

Malcolm Green
(16-Jan-2013, 05:33 PM)malgre Wrote:
(14-Jan-2013, 08:01 PM)ljvhp@comcast.net Wrote: I ran a complete scan of my system, then tried to download from the suggested site; the virus scanner once again blocked installation:
Risk Level - Medium

HELP!

Do you have the latest version of PC Tools? I note from searching the web that this product spuriously reported the HeurEngine.ZeroDayThreat on a Skype installation and the user was advised to update to the latest version of PC Tools.

Malcolm Green

(18-Jan-2013, 07:46 AM)ljvhp@comcast.net Wrote:
(16-Jan-2013, 05:33 PM)malgre Wrote: [quote='ljvhp@comcast.net' pid='9357' dateline='1358186500']
I ran a complete scan of my system, then tried to download from the suggested site; the virus scanner once again blocked installation:
Risk Level - Medium

HELP!

Malcolm Green

I contacted the folks at PC Tools; they sent instructions to keep the program from "seeing" a threat that wasn't really there. The problem has been resolved. Thank you for your assistance.