Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
unable to sync to ipad after legacy update
The error message (when trying to sync from PC to ipad) reads:
"Object reference not set to an instance of an object"
What can I do?
(25-Jan-2013, 06:56 PM)laellis Wrote: The error message (when trying to sync from PC to ipad) reads:
What can I do?

Please provide more information. What type of sync are you using - WiFi or USB? At what point does the error occur? Are you using Families Sync 1.4.8? If there is anything shown in the log window please send a copy.

Malcolm Green
(25-Jan-2013, 07:20 PM)malgre Wrote:
(25-Jan-2013, 06:56 PM)laellis Wrote: The error message (when trying to sync from PC to ipad) reads:
What can I do?

Please provide more information. What type of sync are you using - WiFi or USB? At what point does the error occur? Are you using Families Sync 1.4.8? If there is anything shown in the log window please send a copy.

Malcolm Green

My version is 1.4.2 - I did not know about an update. Perhaps that's the problem? I'm using WiFi to sync - the PC finds my Ipad, but instead of completing the sync it returns the message "object reference not set to an instance of an object" If you think I should update my version, please tell me how to do it. Thank you.

(09-Feb-2013, 12:53 AM)laellis Wrote:
(25-Jan-2013, 07:20 PM)malgre Wrote:
What can I do?

Malcolm Green

My version is 1.4.2 - I did not know about an update. Perhaps that's the problem? I'm using WiFi to sync - the PC finds my Ipad, but instead of completing the sync it returns the message "object reference not set to an instance of an object" If you think I should update my version, please tell me how to do it. Thank you.

It should update automatically, unless you declined the offer at some point. You can update by clicking on the "Download Families Sync" link on http://www.telgen.co.uk/families

Malcolm Green
(i don't remember an upgrade offer)
I went to the web site to upgrade, but wound up downloading the new version. It works and thank you!
Now I have two versions on my PC - one works and one doesn't - how do I get rid of the old one?
Thanks for all of your patience and support.
(09-Feb-2013, 10:37 PM)laellis Wrote: (i don't remember an upgrade offer)
I went to the web site to upgrade, but wound up downloading the new version. It works and thank you!
Now I have two versions on my PC - one works and one doesn't - how do I get rid of the old one?

(10-Feb-2013, 10:46 AM)malgre Wrote:
(09-Feb-2013, 10:37 PM)laellis Wrote: (i don't remember an upgrade offer)

I'm not sure how you ended up with two versions. I think the safest course of action is to click the Start button, go to Control Panel>Programs and Features, and uninstall both versions. Then reinstall as you've just done and hopefully you should then just have the one copy.

Malcolm Green
It works! Perfect! thank you!