Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where do the notes go and iTunes issue
Hi:

Recently updated iTunes and am now unable to get the file share area. Reinstalled iTunes thinking problem with upgrade install with same result. Suggestions?

I was able to sync WiFi so that was good, but my notes do not seem to have transferred or if they did, I am not finding them? I am not sure what I was thinking but I put transcriptions of obits in the death notes field rather than as a separate event.

Still being a bit cowardly about the merge with Legacy Intell. I keep all the files for history, I guess. But my first time with Intell I did some things wrong, and now really should learn to do that better -- any tips?

Thanks for such a great program. I use my ipad now exclusively on trips to repositories and it is wonderfulSmile

(28-Feb-2013, 04:14 AM)cstegert Wrote: Hi:

Recently updated iTunes and am now unable to get the file share area. Reinstalled iTunes thinking problem with upgrade install with same result. Suggestions?

I was able to sync WiFi so that was good, but my notes do not seem to have transferred or if they did, I am not finding them? I am not sure what I was thinking but I put transcriptions of obits in the death notes field rather than as a separate event.

Still being a bit cowardly about the merge with Legacy Intell. I keep all the files for history, I guess. But my first time with Intell I did some things wrong, and now really should learn to do that better -- any tips?

Thanks for such a great program. I use my ipad now exclusively on trips to repositories and it is wonderfulSmile

You need to click View>Show Sidebar then select your device, Apps, then scroll down to File Transfer.

Notes should be displayed on the Individual View. Please provide more information if they are not being displayed correctly.

You'd do better to raise queries on the use of IntelliSync on the Legacy User Group, as this is a Legacy rather than a Families feature.

Malcolm Green
(28-Feb-2013, 10:54 AM)malgre Wrote:
(28-Feb-2013, 04:14 AM)cstegert Wrote: Hi:

You need to click View>Show Sidebar then select your device, Apps, then scroll down to File Transfer.

Notes should be displayed on the Individual View. Please provide more information if they are not being displayed correctly.

You'd do better to raise queries on the use of IntelliSync on the Legacy User Group, as this is a Legacy rather than a Families feature.

Malcolm Green

Hi:

iTunes was easy -- Can't tell you how much time I spent at the menus and help file and could not/did not see that!

Notes: Do not show up on the individual notes (General/Research/Medical). Nor as an event. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking except that I do create a death event where I make notes and often transcribe the obit (which I also create an Obit Event).

Thanks again for such a wonderful app!
(01-Mar-2013, 02:09 PM)cstegert Wrote: Hi:

iTunes was easy -- Can't tell you how much time I spent at the menus and help file and could not/did not see that!

Notes: Do not show up on the individual notes (General/Research/Medical). Nor as an event. Sorry, I don't know what I was thinking except that I do create a death event where I make notes and often transcribe the obit (which I also create an Obit Event).

Thanks again for such a wonderful app!

I'm still unclear about the notes issue. If you think Families is not behaving correctly, the best solution would be to send us a copy of your fdb file so that we can reproduce the problem. If you want to do so please send to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk - the data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green
Sorry, found them in the Death Notes Field -not something I generally use. I've created a separate event. Will need to explore how that incorporates with chronology and other reports.

Thanks