Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to Transfer Family File to Galaxy Note 10.1
Help! I’ve been unable to transfer my Legacy Family File to my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. I purchased and installed the Families App before I had my SD card installed on my tablet. So, the App was on the Tablet instead of my SD Card. I’ve since moved the Families App to my SD Card, thinking maybe that was part of the problem.

I installed the Families Sync program and converted my Legacy Family File to the “sq” file. The conversion seemed to go fine, but when I pressed next, I got the following message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'mtpsharp, Version=1.0.4703.17375, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800736B1)."

Windows Explorer is recognizing my Galaxy Tablet as a Portable device, so according to the directions on your website, does that mean I have to manually place the converted family file into the Families App on my SD Card? If so, I tried that but my “sq” family file is still not showing up in the Families App. Only the Kennedy File is listed there. I noticed that there was no “sq” journal to go along with my “sq” family file. Could this be why Families App isn’t listing my file?

Anyway, this is very frustrating for me, and any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.
(28-Feb-2013, 10:50 PM)jml Wrote: Help! I’ve been unable to transfer my Legacy Family File to my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. I purchased and installed the Families App before I had my SD card installed on my tablet. So, the App was on the Tablet instead of my SD Card. I’ve since moved the Families App to my SD Card, thinking maybe that was part of the problem.

I installed the Families Sync program and converted my Legacy Family File to the “sq” file. The conversion seemed to go fine, but when I pressed next, I got the following message:

"Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Could not load file or assembly 'mtpsharp, Version=1.0.4703.17375, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=null' or one of its dependencies. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT:0x800736B1)."

Windows Explorer is recognizing my Galaxy Tablet as a Portable device, so according to the directions on your website, does that mean I have to manually place the converted family file into the Families App on my SD Card? If so, I tried that but my “sq” family file is still not showing up in the Families App. Only the Kennedy File is listed there. I noticed that there was no “sq” journal to go along with my “sq” family file. Could this be why Families App isn’t listing my file?

Anyway, this is very frustrating for me, and any help you could give me would be very much appreciated.

Please see my response to your email.

Malcolm Green
(28-Feb-2013, 10:50 PM)jml Wrote: Help! I’ve been unable to transfer my Legacy Family File to my new Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet. I purchased and installed the Families App before I had my SD card installed on my tablet. So, the App was on the Tablet instead of my SD Card. I’ve since moved the Families App to my SD Card, thinking maybe that was part of the problem.

I have the the same issue. I didn't see the reply you received. I was excited about getting this app for my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 but now it doesn't work. Hopefully you have a solution.

I was able to get around the problem by manually transferring the .sqlite file from the pc directly to the proper folder on my tablet. The program seems to work well now however I would like to know why it doesn't transfer automatically as it should.
(02-Apr-2013, 08:55 PM)DCHarding Wrote:

I was able to get around the problem by manually transferring the .sqlite file from the pc directly to the proper folder on my tablet. The program seems to work well now however I would like to know why it doesn't transfer automatically as it should.

Please see http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=4863

Malcolm Green