Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ipad and ancestry forms
I wonder if someone can help me. I have families on my ipad and have used the library version of ancestry to download some census forms. My trouble now is transferring the data from ipad to my family programme. Any suggestions please.Blush
(01-Mar-2013, 06:18 AM)middmiss Wrote: I wonder if someone can help me. I have families on my ipad and have used the library version of ancestry to download some census forms. My trouble now is transferring the data from ipad to my family programme. Any suggestions please.Blush

I'm not entirely clear whether you're using Legacy Family Tree in conjunction with the Families app. If so, you'll need to import a GEDCOM file exported from Ancestry into Legacy then transfer to Families. If not please clarify exactly what you're requirement is.

Malcolm
(01-Mar-2013, 11:46 AM)admin Wrote:
(01-Mar-2013, 06:18 AM)middmiss Wrote: I wonder if someone can help me. I have families on my ipad and have used the library version of ancestry to download some census forms. My trouble now is transferring the data from ipad to my family programme. Any suggestions please.:blush:

I'm not entirely clear whether you're using Legacy Family Tree in conjunction with the Families app. If so, you'll need to import a GEDCOM file exported from Ancestry into Legacy then transfer to Families. If not please clarify exactly what you're requirement is.

Malcolm
Yes I am using Legacy family tree.
(01-Mar-2013, 11:32 PM)middmiss Wrote:
(01-Mar-2013, 06:18 AM)middmiss Wrote: I wonder if someone can help me. I have families on my ipad and have used the library version of ancestry to download some census forms. My trouble now is transferring the data from ipad to my family programme. Any suggestions please.Blush

Malcolm

OK, so Families only works with a Legacy file so as I said you'll need to import your Ancestry data into Legacy first, then transfer the file to Families.

Malcolm Green
(02-Mar-2013, 08:06 PM)admin Wrote:
(01-Mar-2013, 11:32 PM)middmiss Wrote:

Malcolm

OK, so Families only works with a Legacy file so as I said you'll need to import your Ancestry data into Legacy first, then transfer the file to Families.

Malcolm Green

Many thanks Malcolm, that makes sense. I thought I could cut out that step.Blush