Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sync does not include all family tree
I have just updated Legacy to ver 7.5 and did my initial install of Families on my ipad. I also installed Family Sync on the PC.

The sync process works very well but my legacy file which is quite small with on 133 individuals installs the file on the iPad with only 34 individuals. There are also pictures etc missing.

The Families Sync log says 34 individuals so it seems the sync file is not recognising all the individuals etc in the legacy database. Legacy on the PC is functioning good with no apparent errors.

Any ideas?

(17-Mar-2013, 10:21 AM)keaves Wrote: I have just updated Legacy to ver 7.5 and did my initial install of Families on my ipad. I also installed Family Sync on the PC.

The sync process works very well but my legacy file which is quite small with on 133 individuals installs the file on the iPad with only 34 individuals. There are also pictures etc missing.

The Families Sync log says 34 individuals so it seems the sync file is not recognising all the individuals etc in the legacy database. Legacy on the PC is functioning good with no apparent errors.

Any ideas?
The most likely cause is that you are referencing an old version of your family file. Check that the path you select for the fdb file is the same one that Legacy is using.

Malcolm Green
(17-Mar-2013, 06:33 PM)admin Wrote:
(17-Mar-2013, 10:21 AM)keaves Wrote: I have just updated Legacy to ver 7.5 and did my initial install of Families on my ipad. I also installed Family Sync on the PC.

Any ideas?
The most likely cause is that you are referencing an old version of your family file. Check that the path you select for the fdb file is the same one that Legacy is using.

Malcolm Green

Yes...I thought that myself. I have double checked and I am syncing the same file as my PC is accessing so am somewhat confused as to why the sync does not pick up the whole fdb file.

Looks like you were correct Malcom.

It seems Windows 7 created a virtual Legacy folder so the fdp file existed in the normal Legacy/Data foloder PLUS in a ..../virtual/Legacy/Data Folder. The latest file was in the virtual folder. It seems it has something to do with Windows "Compatible Files". Anyway, all fixed and is working well.