Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where is my current Legacy fdb file
After installing Families, I used to be able to access the Legacy data files in some obscure place in a "virtual store" folder. The data files in my normal/old Legacy data folder (fdb, .tc, backups) were the originals dated before I installed Families and were different from the files in the "virtual store" folder.

I have installed Windows 8 and can no longer find the current Legacy data files and I no longer have my iPhone. In the normal Legacy data folder the date of the .fdb file and the backup files are 12/08/2012. The .tc file today's date.

I want to copy the data files to my laptop and need to find the current files - where are they?
(17-Mar-2013, 09:28 PM)flutterbyv Wrote: After installing Families, I used to be able to access the Legacy data files in some obscure place in a "virtual store" folder. The data files in my normal/old Legacy data folder (fdb, .tc, backups) were the originals dated before I installed Families and were different from the files in the "virtual store" folder.

I have installed Windows 8 and can no longer find the current Legacy data files and I no longer have my iPhone. In the normal Legacy data folder the date of the .fdb file and the backup files are 12/08/2012. The .tc file today's date.

I want to copy the data files to my laptop and need to find the current files - where are they?

Check the location in Legacy - e.g. File>Save As should show the current location of your file.

Malcolm Green
Thanks Malcolm, but it doesn't solve my probelm. The fdb file shown when I click File>Save As, has the today's date as the Date Modified and a file size of 9,296 kb and is located C:program files/Legacy/data.
When I go to exactly the same location using Windows Explorer the Date Modified of the fdb file is 2/08/12 and a size of 8,644kb.

Why is there a difference? This has only happened since I installed Families.
Hi Malcolm, this is the location where my fdb file is saved.
C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data

As I no longer use Families, how do I stop Legacy automatically saving to the fdb file in this location?

I would like it to be saved to C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data

I find that if I open the fdb file at C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data enter data and save, it is automatically saved to C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data
(19-Mar-2013, 09:28 AM)flutterbyv Wrote: Thanks Malcolm, but it doesn't solve my probelm. The fdb file shown when I click File>Save As, has the today's date as the Date Modified and a file size of 9,296 kb and is located C:program files/Legacy/data.
When I go to exactly the same location using Windows Explorer the Date Modified of the fdb file is 2/08/12 and a size of 8,644kb.

Why is there a difference? This has only happened since I installed Families.
Hi Malcolm, this is the location where my fdb file is saved.
C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data

As I no longer use Families, how do I stop Legacy automatically saving to the fdb file in this location?

I would like it to be saved to C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data

I find that if I open the fdb file at C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data enter data and save, it is automatically saved to C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data

Use Save As and you can specify the folder where you want to save it.

Malcolm Green
Hi Malcolm,
I do that, saves as to C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data and it still automatically saves to C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data
(24-Mar-2013, 12:29 PM)flutterbyv Wrote: Hi Malcolm,
I do that, saves as to C:\Program Files\Legacy\Data and it still automatically saves to C:\Users\flutterby\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Legacy\Data

This concerns the behaviour of Legacy and not Families so you need to raise it on the Legacy User Group.

Malcolm Green
thanks Malcolm, I will do that