Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with syncing of source citation
I have an issue whereby information from one source citation (an 1880 census source citation) is getting combined with another source citation (a 1900 census source citation). I have 4 families using the 1900 source (4 separate and distinct citations) - the 1880 source citation is an entirely different family in a totally different geographical location. I have been trying for nearly a month to correct this issue with no luck. I have created numerous reports in Legacy and have ensured that this issue is not manifesting itself in Legacy. I have deleted my families file numerous times and created a new synced file (at least 6 times) I have ensured repeatedly that I am syncing my active Legacy file to my devices (both iPhone and iPad). There is no trace of the source citation mix-up in Legacy, only in my Families file.

I really hope that someone has a solution as this is really driving me batty trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you
Ron Bernier

(06-Apr-2013, 11:50 PM)RBernier Wrote: I have an issue whereby information from one source citation (an 1880 census source citation) is getting combined with another source citation (a 1900 census source citation). I have 4 families using the 1900 source (4 separate and distinct citations) - the 1880 source citation is an entirely different family in a totally different geographical location. I have been trying for nearly a month to correct this issue with no luck. I have created numerous reports in Legacy and have ensured that this issue is not manifesting itself in Legacy. I have deleted my families file numerous times and created a new synced file (at least 6 times) I have ensured repeatedly that I am syncing my active Legacy file to my devices (both iPhone and iPad). There is no trace of the source citation mix-up in Legacy, only in my Families file.

I really hope that someone has a solution as this is really driving me batty trying to figure out what is going on.

Thank you
Ron Bernier

This is likely to be the same problem as reported in http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=5056 - please see the workaround described there.

Malcolm Green
(07-Apr-2013, 09:59 AM)malgre Wrote: This is likely to be the same problem as reported in http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/forum/s...p?tid=5056 - please see the workaround described there.

Malcolm Green

Thank you Malcolm. I had previously exported a GEDCOM 5.5 several times and it did not correct the problem. This time, I exported the GEDCOM in Legacy format and that did correct the problem.

Regards,
Ron Bernier