Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birth dates miissing on main page
I hope someone can help as I'm having trouble with the birth date data entry. When I enter the day, month and year, it doesn't always show up on the main page.
I've tried entering just the year and that seems to work but I'd really like to be able to put in the day and month.
Thanks so much.
(09-Apr-2013, 05:09 AM)Megsie Wrote: I hope someone can help as I'm having trouble with the birth date data entry. When I enter the day, month and year, it doesn't always show up on the main page.
I've tried entering just the year and that seems to work but I'd really like to be able to put in the day and month.
Thanks so much.

I assume by "main page" you mean the Family View. If so, the birth date should be displayed in full. Please send screenshots showing the Individual View with the date you have entered and the Family View with the date missing. If you need information on taking a screenshot please google "iphone screenshot".

Malcolm Green
(09-Apr-2013, 08:51 AM)malgre Wrote:
(09-Apr-2013, 05:09 AM)Megsie Wrote: I hope someone can help as I'm having trouble with the birth date data entry. When I enter the day, month and year, it doesn't always show up on the main page.
Thanks so much.

I assume by "main page" you mean the Family View. If so, the birth date should be displayed in full. Please send screenshots showing the Individual View with the date you have entered and the Family View with the date missing. If you need information on taking a screenshot please google "iphone screenshot".

Malcolm Green

Thanks for the reply.
I've taken some screen shots but only seem to be able to post one attachment per post.

(12-Apr-2013, 01:05 PM)Megsie Wrote:
Thanks so much.

Malcolm Green

Thanks for the reply.
I've taken some screen shots but only seem to be able to post one attachment per post.

Thanks so much.

Malcolm Green

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks so much.

Malcolm Green

Thanks for the reply.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've identified the problem - thanks for reporting this. Families is currently only accepting dates with "shortform" months, i.e. "4 Feb 1973" rather than "4 February 1973". I've added support for the long format in the next version but meanwhile please just use the short format.

Malcolm Green
Thanks for your help