Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Media
I've searched previous forum posts on this topic, but none have helped me solve my problem. In converting my Legacy file to SQLite I receive a number of "Media file ... missing. It appears that the majority of the missing files are in sub-folders within my picture or document folder. I have my database, picture folder & document folder within my dropbox folder.

What is strange is that I've converted the file before and the Families program found those photos and documents that were in the sub-folders, but now they all come up missing. None of the folders have been moved, and the files aren't missing in Legacy.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm getting ready to leave on a genealogy trip and wanted to bring my latest database with me. Thanks much.
(29-May-2013, 06:48 AM)Manley1534 Wrote: I've searched previous forum posts on this topic, but none have helped me solve my problem. In converting my Legacy file to SQLite I receive a number of "Media file ... missing. It appears that the majority of the missing files are in sub-folders within my picture or document folder. I have my database, picture folder & document folder within my dropbox folder.

What is strange is that I've converted the file before and the Families program found those photos and documents that were in the sub-folders, but now they all come up missing. None of the folders have been moved, and the files aren't missing in Legacy.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I'm getting ready to leave on a genealogy trip and wanted to bring my latest database with me. Thanks much.

Check that Families Sync's Options>Settings have "Legacy Path" correctly set to your Legacy installation folder. Families needs this in order to locate Legacy's settings file which includes the media location information. Also go to Legacy's Options>Customise>Locations, click "View List of Multimedia Locations" and check that the list includes the folders containing your missing files.

Malcolm Green