Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disk I/O Error
I was able to create an SQLite file for my LG Optimus slider, and transferred to the 32 mb micro SD card. However, when I try to open the file, I get an error message that reads:

Exception
android.database.sqlite.SQLiteDiskIOException: diskI/O error.

I transferred photos only, that transferred without incident. The file is 34374 individuals with 16425 media files, some of which are tagged to multiple individuals for a grand total of 17874 media files.

Any ideas?

Anne K.
(20-Jun-2013, 12:27 AM)ackruszka Wrote: I was able to create an SQLite file for my LG Optimus slider, and transferred to the 32 mb micro SD card. However, when I try to open the file, I get an error message that reads:

Exception

I transferred photos only, that transferred without incident. The file is 34374 individuals with 16425 media files, some of which are tagged to multiple individuals for a grand total of 17874 media files.

Any ideas?

Anne K.

Can you open the Kennedy sample file OK? Did you transfer the file using Wi-Fi or USB? It's possible that the file transfer was interrupted so that the file is incomplete. Please try transferring it again.

Malcolm Green
(20-Jun-2013, 08:40 AM)malgre Wrote:
(20-Jun-2013, 12:27 AM)ackruszka Wrote: I was able to create an SQLite file for my LG Optimus slider, and transferred to the 32 mb micro SD card. However, when I try to open the file, I get an error message that reads:

Exception

Any ideas?

Anne K.

Can you open the Kennedy sample file OK? Did you transfer the file using Wi-Fi or USB? It's possible that the file transfer was interrupted so that the file is incomplete. Please try transferring it again.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

I can read the Kennedy file. I can import and read a family file without pictures or with only important or primary ones (I forget how it reads.) But when I try to do a transfer with all images I get the disk I/O error. I get this error on both my Android Phone and my Android Tablet (Nook HD+ with 32 gb). I haven't tried the transfer to my phone yet with just the database and no pictures.

Anne

(21-Jun-2013, 08:04 PM)ackruszka Wrote:

Exception

Any ideas?

Anne K.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

I can read the Kennedy file. I can import and read a family file without pictures or with only important or primary ones (I forget how it reads.) But when I try to do a transfer with all images I get the disk I/O error. I get this error on both my Android Phone and my Android Tablet (Nook HD+ with 32 gb). I haven't tried the transfer to my phone yet with just the database and no pictures.

Anne

We've not seen this problem before, but it sounds as if there's an error in the file rather than the app. I think we'll need to get a copy of the sqlite file to investigate. It will be too big to email - would it be possible for you to share it via DropBox or other cloud service? The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green
(23-Jun-2013, 10:18 AM)malgre Wrote:
(21-Jun-2013, 08:04 PM)ackruszka Wrote:

Exception

Any ideas?

Anne K.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm,

Anne

We've not seen this problem before, but it sounds as if there's an error in the file rather than the app. I think we'll need to get a copy of the sqlite file to investigate. It will be too big to email - would it be possible for you to share it via DropBox or other cloud service? The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm, I sent you the link to the file in drop box.
(23-Jun-2013, 05:42 PM)ackruszka Wrote: Malcolm, I sent you the link to the file in drop box.

I got the file OK and it opens without error on my Nexus 7. However, there appear to be no photos in the file. Are you sure that you shared the correct file?

Malcolm Green
(23-Jun-2013, 11:30 PM)malgre Wrote:
(23-Jun-2013, 05:42 PM)ackruszka Wrote: Malcolm, I sent you the link to the file in drop box.

I got the file OK and it opens without error on my Nexus 7. However, there appear to be no photos in the file. Are you sure that you shared the correct file?

Malcolm Green

Sorry about that. I forgot that I had uploaded a no image copy to my cell phone. The correct link has been sent.
(24-Jun-2013, 05:48 AM)ackruszka Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Sorry about that. I forgot that I had uploaded a no image copy to my cell phone. The correct link has been sent.

Thanks, I got it this time. However, this problem is proving to be a challenge! The file is unreadable even on Windows, so the problem seems to be with the Families Sync conversion and has nothing to do with the app. It seems likely that the problem is connected to the very large number of images. I'm not aware of any user having created a file with this many images previously. However, there are no obvious SQLite limits which would cause the problem so it should work! It's possible that Families Sync is hitting a memory limitation, although I would have expected an error to be displayed.

The ideal way forward would be for me to get a copy of your Legacy FDB file, together with all the image files, so that I can reproduce the Families Sync conversion exactly. The easiest way to do this would be for you to perform a Legacy backup, including the Multimedia files, which would result in 2 zip files which you could share via DropBox. Thanks for your patience with this.

Malcolm Green
(25-Jun-2013, 12:10 PM)malgre Wrote:
(24-Jun-2013, 05:48 AM)ackruszka Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Thanks, I got it this time. However, this problem is proving to be a challenge! The file is unreadable even on Windows, so the problem seems to be with the Families Sync conversion and has nothing to do with the app. It seems likely that the problem is connected to the very large number of images. I'm not aware of any user having created a file with this many images previously. However, there are no obvious SQLite limits which would cause the problem so it should work! It's possible that Families Sync is hitting a memory limitation, although I would have expected an error to be displayed.

The ideal way forward would be for me to get a copy of your Legacy FDB file, together with all the image files, so that I can reproduce the Families Sync conversion exactly. The easiest way to do this would be for you to perform a Legacy backup, including the Multimedia files, which would result in 2 zip files which you could share via DropBox. Thanks for your patience with this.

Malcolm Green

I got the zip files, thanks. I've run the conversion here and the resulting sqlite file is readable, both in Windows and on my Android tablet. So I'm now puzzled as to why you're apparently getting a corrupted file. I'm sharing the sqlite file via DropBox, so please transfer this to your device and see if it's readable.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm,

I was able to download and transfer the file to my nook HD+ and open it. Very good. I inadvertently deleted it - tried to delete a test file and deleted the good file by mistake. So, no big deal, I transferred the file again and now I get this message:

Exception

android.database.sqlite.SQLiteCantOpenDatabaseException: unable to open database file

Then, I tried deleting the file and redownloading and re-transferring the file and I only get the exception message. And when I go to the screen with the file names, it is no longer listed there.

Anne Kruszka