Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legacy Family Tree
Does anyone know if the new version (7.5.0.268) of Legacy Family Tree works with Families? I haven't tried putting a more recent version of my Legacy file until today and Families keeps crashing. Any help would be appreciated. By the way I'm running (and have run) Families on a Motorola Droid Razr M.
(17-Aug-2013, 09:26 PM)basketballman0221 Wrote: Does anyone know if the new version (7.5.0.268) of Legacy Family Tree works with Families? I haven't tried putting a more recent version of my Legacy file until today and Families keeps crashing. Any help would be appreciated. By the way I'm running (and have run) Families on a Motorola Droid Razr M.

We're not aware of any problem with using Families with files produced by the latest version of Legacy, and cannot reproduce such a problem. First, please transfer the file again from the PC, in case the original transfer was incomplete for some reason. If the problem persists, please send your Legacy file (.fdb) to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk so that we can reproduce the problem. The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green
I have exactly the same problem. I have updated one Legacy file to the latest update and it crashes on opening. I have tried to reload twice. A pre-update file opens without problem. I have an HTC One S
This problem was originally incorrectly posted in the Families for iPhone forum, and so we checked that version of the app, which did not display the problem. Having realised that the post related to Android, I've moved the posts to the correct forum. We can confirm that there is a problem with the Android version, which is caused by a change in the database format which we were not aware of. We're working to produce a new version to correct the problem and expect this to be available within the next few days. We apologise for the inconvenience.

Malcolm Green
Sorry for the incorrect post to iPhone forum as opposed to Android forum.
This problem is fixed in Families 1.8.3 for Android.

Malcolm Green
(22-Aug-2013, 03:38 PM)malgre Wrote: This problem is fixed in Families 1.8.3 for Android.

Malcolm Green

I am using a Kindle Fire HD. I was using the ClickOnce Technology but then switched to the Windows install. Now the only message I get is: Families has stopped.

If the problem is fixed in Families 1.8.3 for Android, does that mean I have to repurchase the program again? I cannot tell the version I am running currently.

Thank you for a response.
(30-Aug-2013, 02:28 PM)burkstsu Wrote:
(22-Aug-2013, 03:38 PM)malgre Wrote: This problem is fixed in Families 1.8.3 for Android.

Malcolm Green

I am using a Kindle Fire HD. I was using the ClickOnce Technology but then switched to the Windows install. Now the only message I get is: Families has stopped.

If the problem is fixed in Families 1.8.3 for Android, does that mean I have to repurchase the program again? I cannot tell the version I am running currently.

I do now see that the version that I am running is Version 1.8.2. So I guess the question remains of how do I get the new version?

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I do now see that the version that I am running is Version 1.8.2. So I guess the question remains of how do I get the new version?

1.8.4 is now available. Update from the Amazon Appstore.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

I purchased Families through the SlideME appstore. Unfortunately, to this day (September 2nd 2013) they still offer version 1.8.2, so I'm not able to update to a version with a fix. Any idea when version 1.8.3 or 1.8.4 will be available on SlideME?
(02-Sep-2013, 02:23 PM)goulooze Wrote:

Malcolm Green

I purchased Families through the SlideME appstore. Unfortunately, to this day (September 2nd 2013) they still offer version 1.8.2, so I'm not able to update to a version with a fix. Any idea when version 1.8.3 or 1.8.4 will be available on SlideME?

It is available now.

Malcolm Green