Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Synching problem
The app installed on my Kindle Fire no problem and I can access the sample file with no problem. I installed the synch program to my computer no problem.

When I connect my Kindle to the usb I do not get an option to "turn on USB storage." When I check my computer the Kindle is showing up as an attached device. When I pull down the bar at the top of the Kindle I don't have any option to turn on the USB storage. The only options I have are:

Connected as Media Device
Connected to Low-Power Charger

I can't tap on either of these.

Any advice?

(14-Sep-2013, 02:52 PM)miclew Wrote: The app installed on my Kindle Fire no problem and I can access the sample file with no problem. I installed the synch program to my computer no problem.

When I connect my Kindle to the usb I do not get an option to "turn on USB storage." When I check my computer the Kindle is showing up as an attached device. When I pull down the bar at the top of the Kindle I don't have any option to turn on the USB storage. The only options I have are:

Connected as Media Device
Connected to Low-Power Charger

I can't tap on either of these.

Any advice?

No problem, just ignore that step which is only required for older versions of Android. If you have your device connected as a media device, Families Sync should be able to transfer to it OK.

Malcolm Green
But it doesn't. The file converts to SQLite Format no problem. Then I get the screen that tells me to connect my Android device to the PC using USB, done. I hit the "next" button and I get

The Families Synch folder on your device cannot be located. Is the device visible in Windows Explorer? (It is)

So now what?
(14-Sep-2013, 06:28 PM)miclew Wrote: But it doesn't. The file converts to SQLite Format no problem. Then I get the screen that tells me to connect my Android device to the PC using USB, done. I hit the "next" button and I get

The Families Synch folder on your device cannot be located. Is the device visible in Windows Explorer? (It is)

So now what?

Follow the instruction to click Ignore and copy the file manually using Windows Explorer. Alternatively you can transfer the file using Wi-Fi or DropBox etc.

Malcolm Green
Which folder do I put the file in? My Kindle has many folders.
(15-Sep-2013, 08:33 PM)miclew Wrote: Which folder do I put the file in? My Kindle has many folders.

The Families folder (which will already have the Kennedy Family.sqlite file in it).

Malcolm Green
Thank you so much!