Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing media files
I've just purchased the Families program for Ipad so I can have my Legacy Family Tree on the go. However when I select Write Family File (using the usb/iTunes options) although the family file seems to transfer fine, all the media files fail. see below
"30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinsons jan 1917 in iom.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinsons aug 1917 in iom.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinson iom may 18 1916 the stage.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:56 Media file alice maud nov 1903 battersea.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:18:10 Media file albert thomas baptism 1889 greenwich.jpg missing
?
I am assuming that it's because all my media files are located in specific folders and subfolders. But I have so many I cannot locate them all in the same sub folder - and Legacy has no problem picking them up from their location. I hope there is a solution to this, because otherwise I've paid for a program that isn't going to work for me.
can you help please?
regards
Mel Morris
(01-Oct-2013, 02:27 AM)melsm57 Wrote: I've just purchased the Families program for Ipad so I can have my Legacy Family Tree on the go. However when I select Write Family File (using the usb/iTunes options) although the family file seems to transfer fine, all the media files fail. see below
"30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinsons jan 1917 in iom.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinsons aug 1917 in iom.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:11 Media file william parkinson iom may 18 1916 the stage.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:17:56 Media file alice maud nov 1903 battersea.jpg missing
30-Sep-2013 20:18:10 Media file albert thomas baptism 1889 greenwich.jpg missing
?
I am assuming that it's because all my media files are located in specific folders and subfolders. But I have so many I cannot locate them all in the same sub folder - and Legacy has no problem picking them up from their location. I hope there is a solution to this, because otherwise I've paid for a program that isn't going to work for me.
can you help please?
regards
Mel Morris
Families Sync has to obtain the locations of media files from Legacy.
Go to Options>Customise>Locations>View Current List of Media Folders in Legacy, and check whether the folder(s) in which your photos are located are included in the list. They should be but, if not, add them to the list.

Malcolm Green
I've checked and the direct folder links are present. I did a check media review - and Legacy is throwing maybe 3 pics that it says it can't find(even though the pictures show perfectly well from inside Legacy) - but when I sync, it seems every single media file is staying 'missing'.
For some reason print screen isn't working in this window. Not sure why, otherwise I would show you the list.
Any further ideas as to why it's not picking them up?
update: - I went in and 'removed' unused folders, did the transfer again, and it seems to have worked!
Thanks for helping! I'm looking forward to having my files at my fingertips when I leave for England in 2 days time!