Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Family View not showing 1/2 siblings
On the original installation on my phone running Android v2.2.1, I have no problems viewing 1/2 siblings in Family View.
I am now running Families on both of my devices, the other which is a Nexus 7 original, running Android v4.3.
In all instances the Nexus has never shown the 1/2 siblings and despite updating the Sq file and reinstalling it on both devices,no change in the 1/2 siblings,non show on the Legacy 7.I is apparent.
have tried by resetting the relationships in the Individual window of the Families programme,but it has made no difference.
In all I have been a very satisfied user of Families since I first registered back in 2011.
Would appreciate whether there is a setting I have missed or whether it's a layout problem on the Nexus?regards- Rick
(18-Oct-2013, 08:47 AM)mistycat Wrote: On the original installation on my phone running Android v2.2.1, I have no problems viewing 1/2 siblings in Family View.
I am now running Families on both of my devices, the other which is a Nexus 7 original, running Android v4.3.
In all instances the Nexus has never shown the 1/2 siblings and despite updating the Sq file and reinstalling it on both devices,no change in the 1/2 siblings,non show on the Legacy 7.I is apparent.
have tried by resetting the relationships in the Individual window of the Families programme,but it has made no difference.
In all I have been a very satisfied user of Families since I first registered back in 2011.
Would appreciate whether there is a setting I have missed or whether it's a layout problem on the Nexus?regards- Rick

Select Settings from the Family Files View menu and check "Show 1/2 Children".

Malcolm Green
On Legacy v7.5, I have rechecked View,Siblings List and confirmed that the show 1/2 brothers/sisters is checked.
In all instances where there are 1/2 siblings, they display correctly in Legacy.
As stated previously I deleted the original SQ file and replaced it with a new one to both of my devices.The 1/2 view displays correctly only on my Android v2.2.1 phone and not the Nexus 7 Tablet Android v4.3.In fact it has never displayed 1/2 siblings from when I first installed Families over a year ago to my Nexus 7.
From your reply to select settings from the family files and check show 1/2 children is a setting in Families, then I haven't spotted where that is located in Families.Appreciated your quick response to my original query-Regards Rick
(18-Oct-2013, 10:08 AM)mistycat Wrote: On Legacy v7.5, I have rechecked View,Siblings List and confirmed that the show 1/2 brothers/sisters is checked.
In all instances where there are 1/2 siblings, they display correctly in Legacy.
As stated previously I deleted the original SQ file and replaced it with a new one to both of my devices.The 1/2 view displays correctly only on my Android v2.2.1 phone and not the Nexus 7 Tablet Android v4.3.In fact it has never displayed 1/2 siblings from when I first installed Families over a year ago to my Nexus 7.
From your reply to select settings from the family files and check show 1/2 children is a setting in Families, then I haven't spotted where that is located in Families.Appreciated your quick response to my original query-Regards Rick
Go to the Family Files View. Tap the Android menu button (vertical dotted line). Tap Settings. "Show 1/2 Children" is near the bottom.

Malcolm Green
(18-Oct-2013, 08:56 AM)malgre Wrote:
(18-Oct-2013, 08:47 AM)mistycat Wrote: On the original installation on my phone running Android v2.2.1, I have no problems viewing 1/2 siblings in Family View.

Select Settings from the Family Files View menu and check "Show 1/2 Children".

Malcolm Green

Thanks for that Malcolm-All working ok.My problem was having the Families open with my family tree selected open, when I was trying to find the settings you gave me as being in the Families file view menu.
Clicking the Android ... vertical line opened the "Settings" which gave me a raft of options I was unaware of,or had forgotten were there.Thanks again for your patience and quick reply.
Would be great if some screen shot snaps of the various settings that to a lot of us are unaware of, could be shown as a pictorial Instruction for Families.Love the programme.Regards Rick