Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Compatabilty with Legacy 8
Wish to upgrade to the new Legacy Family Tree 8.
Will Families support this new version, or should I wait?
many thanks
Sorry - should have said compatibility with iPhone/iPad is my main interest.
(26-Nov-2013, 08:07 PM)linrob Wrote: Wish to upgrade to the new Legacy Family Tree 8.
Will Families support this new version, or should I wait?
many thanks
Sorry - should have said compatibility with iPhone/iPad is my main interest.

We're currently beta testing the new version and it should be available within the next month.

Malcolm Green
Many thanks Malcolm for your very prompt reply. Will look forward to the new version. Families is one of my favorite applications - to be able to take all my genealogy around in my pocket a great boon. All best wishes to all the team.

Is this compatible with Legacy 8? I have Legacy 8, but cannot seem to transfer my files over to Families - is there a way I can do this?
All good! I had downloaded the wrong setup file. Uninstalled and reinstalled, and now seems to be okay. Need to go and play with it now Smile
(19-Feb-2014, 02:18 AM)fletchersmum Wrote: Is this compatible with Legacy 8? I have Legacy 8, but cannot seem to transfer my files over to Families - is there a way I can do this?
All good! I had downloaded the wrong setup file. Uninstalled and reinstalled, and now seems to be okay. Need to go and play with it now Smile
Hi
After converting my Legacy family file to sqlite I try to transfer to my phone and I get a message that databaseformat is wrong
(16-Sep-2015, 03:09 PM)Holger Almholt Wrote:
(19-Feb-2014, 02:18 AM)fletchersmum Wrote: Is this compatible with Legacy 8? I have Legacy 8, but cannot seem to transfer my files over to Families - is there a way I can do this?
Hi
After converting my Legacy family file to sqlite I try to transfer to my phone and I get a message that databaseformat is wrong

Ensure you're running Families Sync to do the transfer (not GedFamilies Sync). Ensure that you wait for the transfer to complete before exiting the Sync screen on the phone. If the problem persists, please send a screenshot showing the error.

Malcolm Green