Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Pictures for Shared Events
Malcolm,
I have installed the latest version on both my iPhone5 and iPad2. I just updated to the latest version of Families Syn (using Legacy 8.XX). I have noticed that pictures attached to shared events in Legacy are not syncing to shared events. I confirmed that pictures are syncing for individual events.

Thank you,
Ron B
(21-Dec-2013, 02:51 PM)RBernier Wrote: Malcolm,
I have installed the latest version on both my iPhone5 and iPad2. I just updated to the latest version of Families Syn (using Legacy 8.XX). I have noticed that pictures attached to shared events in Legacy are not syncing to shared events. I confirmed that pictures are syncing for individual events.

Thank you,
Ron B

Please provide more information. If you look at the Legacy sample file, Asa Clark Brown's birth event, which is shared with Molly Clark, has a picture and this is shown correctly by Families.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm,
I don't see a shared birth event for Asa Clark Brown, however I did notice that both the sample file and my Bernier file have a commonality - Families Sync reports 6 errors for both files - "6 errors, n individuals, n families, 0 pictures (the one difference is that for my file it says 4 pictures).
For both data bases the path to the database is: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\BERNIER.fdb (sample.fdb for sample database).. The media files are being searched for in a path does that does not exist on my computer: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree Beta 8\Media\Charles Bernier household 1880 U.S. Census.jpg

There is no such folder on my computer as Legacy Family Tree Beta 8, so I am guessing that this is a "leftover" in Families Sync coding

Thanks
Ron B
(21-Dec-2013, 05:02 PM)RBernier Wrote: Malcolm,
I don't see a shared birth event for Asa Clark Brown, however I did notice that both the sample file and my Bernier file have a commonality - Families Sync reports 6 errors for both files - "6 errors, n individuals, n families, 0 pictures (the one difference is that for my file it says 4 pictures).
For both data bases the path to the database is: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Data\BERNIER.fdb (sample.fdb for sample database).. The media files are being searched for in a path does that does not exist on my computer: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree Beta 8\Media\Charles Bernier household 1880 U.S. Census.jpg

There is no such folder on my computer as Legacy Family Tree Beta 8, so I am guessing that this is a "leftover" in Families Sync coding

Thanks
Ron B

Ron,

I think the missing pictures are probably more general then just for shared events. Could you please:

- confirm that Tools>Media Relinker reports no missing files or broken links.
- select View>Master Lists>Media Folder List and let us know the contents of the list.
- select Options>Customise>Locations and let us know the Default location of media files.

Malcolm Green
(22-Dec-2013, 03:26 PM)malgre Wrote: I think the missing pictures are probably more general then just for shared events. Could you please:

- confirm that Tools>Media Relinker reports no missing files or broken links.
- select View>Master Lists>Media Folder List and let us know the contents of the list.
- select Options>Customise>Locations and let us know the Default location of media files.

Malcolm Green
Malcolm,

confirm that Tools>Media Relinker reports no missing files or broken links. - "all links to media files are valid. You have no missing files or broken links."

select View>Master Lists>Media Folder List and let us know the contents of the list. - "Media Folder (1)-[Default Media Folder]\"

select Options>Customise>Locations and let us know the Default location of media files. - "C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree\Media\"

I have pictures of death certificates for my mother and father as will as pictures of their obituaries - those are in the same folder at the pictures being used for shared events - the death certificates and obituaries have synced to the families app. All pictures are in .jpg format.

Ron

Malcolm,
Additional information that may/may not help to sort this out. The shared events are census events. If I go to the individual(s) in Families iOS app, the event has synced without any issue. It does show the name of everyone the event is shared with. All of the source information is there. If I tap on the pictures tab - there are two placeholder images shown (for this particular individual the census information did extend across two pages thus, two images). If I tap on either of the two placeholders, all the detail from the picture is present - i.e. the picture caption, the date, the name, and the description that I filled in.

It would appear that Families Sync is "transferring" the picture information, just not the actual picture.

(of course, I still haven't figure out the "Legacy Family Tree Beta 8" path that is shown in the sync log).

Ron
The media files are being searched for in a path does that does not exist on my computer: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree Beta 8\Media\Charles Bernier household 1880 U.S. Census.jpg

I am having exactly the same problem NOW. Images not transferred, presumably because of the wrong path name (Legacy Family Tree Beta 8 etc)
For what it's worth, I did a transfer successfully with families sync 2, and the first version of Legacy 8 previously, and all pictures transferred OK. Since then, I have updated to the latest version of Legacy 8 ie 8.0.0.367. Not very technically minded, but could that path be coming from a mis-coding in Legacy, rather than Familees Sync ??
(25-Dec-2013, 03:11 PM)linrob Wrote: The media files are being searched for in a path does that does not exist on my computer: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree Beta 8\Media\Charles Bernier household 1880 U.S. Census.jpg

I am having exactly the same problem NOW. Images not transferred, presumably because of the wrong path name (Legacy Family Tree Beta 8 etc)
For what it's worth, I did a transfer successfully with families sync 2, and the first version of Legacy 8 previously, and all pictures transferred OK. Since then, I have updated to the latest version of Legacy 8 ie 8.0.0.367. Not very technically minded, but could that path be coming from a mis-coding in Legacy, rather than Familees Sync ??
Although I don't know for certain, I seriously doubt that the Legacy Family Tree Beta8 path is a leftover from Legacy. The command path to search for media files is coming from Families, thus to my way of thinking (which very well may be wrong) searching for a non existent path is incorrect coding in Families. Hopefully Malcolm will have a resolution/suggestion soon.

Ron
(25-Dec-2013, 03:32 PM)RBernier Wrote:
(25-Dec-2013, 03:11 PM)linrob Wrote: The media files are being searched for in a path does that does not exist on my computer: C:\Users\Ron\Documents\Legacy Family Tree Beta 8\Media\Charles Bernier household 1880 U.S. Census.jpg

Although I don't know for certain, I seriously doubt that the Legacy Family Tree Beta8 path is a leftover from Legacy. The command path to search for media files is coming from Families, thus to my way of thinking (which very well may be wrong) searching for a non existent path is incorrect coding in Families. Hopefully Malcolm will have a resolution/suggestion soon.

Ron

I have exactly the same error, when trying to make a file from Legacy to my iPad. Families search for pictures in the Legacy Family Tree Beta-folder! So something is wrong in the new setup!

I am a Legacy Beta-tester, so I do have a folder with Legacy 8 Beta version, but there is no medielinks cross overs between that folder, and my 'real' Legacy 8 General Release folder, and I have never used my own primary family file in my beta folder.

Please have a look at program setup, that makes Families look in the beta-folder for pictures/media.

Thank you,
Anne Marie
Danish Legacy team
Thanks Ron - A temporary workaround, which has worked for me is to just CREATE a folder called 'Legacy Family Tree Beta 8) under Documents, and copy the default Legacy Media folder (which includes subfolders Pictures, Sounds etc) to it. Families then imports the media files from there.
(26-Dec-2013, 12:50 PM)linrob Wrote: Thanks Ron - A temporary workaround, which has worked for me is to just CREATE a folder called 'Legacy Family Tree Beta 8) under Documents, and copy the default Legacy Media folder (which includes subfolders Pictures, Sounds etc) to it. Families then imports the media files from there.
Thank you Linrob. Before I create a temporary folder, I think I will wait a few days to see if Malcolm can provide an update regarding the issue.