Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families Sync/Nexus 7 Tablet
On the Families Sync scree I clicked on "Locate Device by Address", a popup screen appeared stating "Locate Device" which told me to enter "192.168.0.9:5050". I did that and clicked OK, another popup screen with message "URI formats are not supported". I clicked OK, that popup dissapeared, I then clicked CANCEL 9on the "Locate Device screen".
Having done all that, because that is the only thing I could do I was left with the original Families Sync screen which was blank as I was unable to input anything in it. There were no error messages, nothing.
(08-Jan-2014, 02:55 PM)Rod Wrote: On the Families Sync scree I clicked on "Locate Device by Address", a popup screen appeared stating "Locate Device" which told me to enter "192.168.0.9:5050". I did that and clicked OK, another popup screen with message "URI formats are not supported". I clicked OK, that popup dissapeared, I then clicked CANCEL 9on the "Locate Device screen".
Having done all that, because that is the only thing I could do I was left with the original Families Sync screen which was blank as I was unable to input anything in it. There were no error messages, nothing.

The "192.168.0.9:5050" address is an example (see the e.g.) - you must enter the address displayed on the Sync screen in the Families app on your Nexus 7.

Malcolm Green
I have tried that a few times with the following numbers - "192.168.0.5:5050" from the number on my Nexus 7, but I get the exact same results, Whatever I try I cannot input anything in the "Locate by Address Screen".
At the moment I do mot have a USB cable to fit my nexus 7 but have ordered one which should be with me by the end of the week.
(08-Jan-2014, 05:05 PM)Rod Wrote: I have tried that a few times with the following numbers - "192.168.0.5:5050" from the number on my Nexus 7, but I get the exact same results, Whatever I try I cannot input anything in the "Locate by Address Screen".
At the moment I do mot have a USB cable to fit my nexus 7 but have ordered one which should be with me by the end of the week.

I don't understand "I cannot input anything in the "Locate by Address Screen"". If you click the "Locate Device by Address" button you see a text field in which to enter the address. When you've entered it, click the OK button. That should then show your device in the left panel headed "Select device to sync", then you can click the "Write Family File to ..." button.

Malcolm Green