Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families Sync does not open
Families Sync downloaded correctly, installed correctly but did not run after installing. I have tried this several times, even uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled. No way to open the app.
I use Windows 8.1 and Legacy 8, and Samsung Tablet One Note 10.1 (2014) -androïd. This makes my purchase of Families totally useless.
Please help.
(20-Jan-2014, 09:52 AM)Renohotep Wrote: Families Sync downloaded correctly, installed correctly but did not run after installing. I have tried this several times, even uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled. No way to open the app.
I use Windows 8.1 and Legacy 8, and Samsung Tablet One Note 10.1 (2014) -androïd. This makes my purchase of Families totally useless.
Please help.

Please elaborate - what exactly happens when you attempt to run it? Is there an error message? Does the process show up in Task Manager? Anything in the Event Log?

Malcolm Green
(20-Jan-2014, 10:30 AM)malgre Wrote:
(20-Jan-2014, 09:52 AM)Renohotep Wrote: Families Sync downloaded correctly, installed correctly but did not run after installing. I have tried this several times, even uninstalled with Revo Uninstaller and reinstalled. No way to open the app.
Please help.

Please elaborate - what exactly happens when you attempt to run it? Is there an error message? Does the process show up in Task Manager? Anything in the Event Log?

Malcolm Green

Absolutely nothing happens! No error message. Nothing in Task Manager. When I click on the PC's homescreen shortcut for Families Sync, a limited time one can see the little "busy" circle appears and then it stops.
(20-Jan-2014, 11:15 AM)Renohotep Wrote:
Please help.

Malcolm Green

Absolutely nothing happens! No error message. Nothing in Task Manager. When I click on the PC's homescreen shortcut for Families Sync, a limited time one can see the little "busy" circle appears and then it stops.

This problem has not been reported before and we are unable to reproduce it. Can you confirm that you see nothing in the Event Viewer (Windows Logs>Application)? Please try right-clicking on the desktop shortcut and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".

Malcolm Green
(20-Jan-2014, 12:01 PM)malgre Wrote:
Please help.

Malcolm Green

This problem has not been reported before and we are unable to reproduce it. Can you confirm that you see nothing in the Event Viewer (Windows Logs>Application)? Please try right-clicking on the desktop shortcut and select "Troubleshoot compatibility".

Malcolm Green
Nothing in the event viewer. No results with "compatibility".
I installed the Families Sync on another computer running Windows 8 64bit, NOT 8.1 32bit and everything works perfectly. I will now transfer my Legacy files using that route. I work with different family files up to 250.000 individuals. But I will eventually continue trying on my Windows 8.1 device. Will keep you posted.
(20-Jan-2014, 04:06 PM)Renohotep Wrote:
Please help.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green
I installed the Families Sync on another computer running Windows 8 64bit, NOT 8.1 32bit and everything works perfectly. I will now transfer my Legacy files using that route. I work with different family files up to 250.000 individuals. But I will eventually continue trying on my Windows 8.1 device. Will keep you posted.

Problem solved: Families Sync was blocked as "potentially malicious" by Bitdefender Internet Security!!
I allowed FSync to trespass Bitdefender and everything works fine now! Great program!
I suggest you publish a warning for such an inconvenience!
(21-Jan-2014, 10:23 AM)Renohotep Wrote:
(20-Jan-2014, 04:06 PM)Renohotep Wrote:
(20-Jan-2014, 10:30 AM)malgre Wrote: Please elaborate - what exactly happens when you attempt to run it? Is there an error message? Does the process show up in Task Manager? Anything in the Event Log?

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green

Problem solved: Families Sync was blocked as "potentially malicious" by Bitdefender Internet Security!!
I allowed FSync to trespass Bitdefender and everything works fine now! Great program!
I suggest you publish a warning for such an inconvenience!

Thanks for the update. I'm surprised that a) Families Sync is being treated as potentially malicious as it is installed with a valid certificate and b) Bitdefender is not displaying any error message to indicate that it has killed it off!

Malcolm Green
Hi
Further to this thread, I have downloaded Families Sync to my Samsung 4.2.2, it downloaded OK but for a long time I couldn't find it, until I looked in downloads and found the setup but when I tried to activate it, a box came up saying 'unable to open' I have checked the security so it's not that.
Please help soon as we are leaving for overseas in a week and would really like to take my Legacy with me. Thanks in advance.
chikki Wink
(24-Apr-2014, 10:31 AM)chikki Wrote: Hi
Further to this thread, I have downloaded Families Sync to my Samsung 4.2.2, it downloaded OK but for a long time I couldn't find it, until I looked in downloads and found the setup but when I tried to activate it, a box came up saying 'unable to open' I have checked the security so it's not that.
Please help soon as we are leaving for overseas in a week and would really like to take my Legacy with me. Thanks in advance.
chikki Wink

Families Sync should be installed on your PC (where Legacy is installed) not on your Samsung.

Malcolm Green
Thanks for your very prompt reply, however I understood it should be on both as this is my husbands tablet I
am trying to fix, I already have it working on mine and families sync is on both, in fact it seems like to me that the
tablet uses that program to view the family tree. Please bear with me as I am trying to understand.
Maybe on thinking about it, I should just import the family file and then it will automatically work, is that right?
Thank you so much for your patience.
chikki