Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Failed to write new picture file when Converting FROM SQLite File
I'm testing the photo transfer and file merge features using Legacy 8 and Families Sync 2. The data transfers back and forth without fail, but am having trouble bringing a picture added to the Sample file within the Families App back into Legacy using the Convert from SQLite File feature within Sync.

This is the error I receive each time:
Failed to write new picture to [Default Media Folder]\05022014183555.jpg
Converted C:\Users\owner\Dropbox\Families\Sample.sqlite to F:\Genealogy\Legacy Family Tree - initial\Data\Sample-A.fdb
-- 1 errors, 161 individuals, 61 families, 0 new pictures

I have tried multiple times with different photos from my Android (Samsung 3S) device.

I adjusted the default data and media locations (and set the IntelliShare #s) before Converting the File TO SQLite and drawing the file into my Android via DropBox. I always get the same result.

Advice?
(06-Feb-2014, 01:58 AM)treeclimber22 Wrote: I'm testing the photo transfer and file merge features using Legacy 8 and Families Sync 2. The data transfers back and forth without fail, but am having trouble bringing a picture added to the Sample file within the Families App back into Legacy using the Convert from SQLite File feature within Sync.

Converted C:\Users\owner\Dropbox\Families\Sample.sqlite to F:\Genealogy\Legacy Family Tree - initial\Data\Sample-A.fdb

I have tried multiple times with different photos from my Android (Samsung 3S) device.

I adjusted the default data and media locations (and set the IntelliShare #s) before Converting the File TO SQLite and drawing the file into my Android via DropBox. I always get the same result.

Advice?

Please try the latest version of Families Sync 2.0.2 and let us know if this fixes the problem.

Malcolm Green
(06-Feb-2014, 03:28 PM)malgre Wrote:
(06-Feb-2014, 01:58 AM)treeclimber22 Wrote: I'm testing the photo transfer and file merge features using Legacy 8 and Families Sync 2. The data transfers back and forth without fail, but am having trouble bringing a picture added to the Sample file within the Families App back into Legacy using the Convert from SQLite File feature within Sync.

Advice?

Please try the latest version of Families Sync 2.0.2 and let us know if this fixes the problem.

Malcolm Green

Wonderful! You've done it! It works. Thanks so much. Smile