Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iPad to PC crashes PC
When I try to transfer file back to PC from the iPad, I get the following errors 'FSID RIN1 ERROR 91,and ERROR 3011 tbIES,.When I click on Quit option, the LEGACY program closes down.When I try to run Legacy I get the above messages.Huh
I have done a PC Restore but I still get the same errors.
Any help advice please?.
Thanks.Sad
(09-Feb-2014, 11:41 PM)pops Wrote: When I try to transfer file back to PC from the iPad, I get the following errors 'FSID RIN1 ERROR 91,and ERROR 3011 tbIES,.When I click on Quit option, the LEGACY program closes down.When I try to run Legacy I get the above messages.Huh
I have done a PC Restore but I still get the same errors.
Any help advice please?.
Thanks.Sad

Did you get the error message from Families Sync or from Legacy? What version of Legacy was used to create the file?

Malcolm Green
Hi The message came from Family Sync.I am using Legacy 7.5. THanks
(10-Feb-2014, 12:45 PM)pops Wrote: Hi The message came from Family Sync.I am using Legacy 7.5. THanks

As this problem hasn't been reported before and we're unable to reproduce it, we'll need a copy of your .sqlite file in order to investigate. Please zip it and send to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk. The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green
(10-Feb-2014, 01:00 PM)malgre Wrote:
(10-Feb-2014, 12:45 PM)pops Wrote: Hi The message came from Family Sync.I am using Legacy 7.5. THanks

As this problem hasn't been reported before and we're unable to reproduce it, we'll need a copy of your .sqlite file in order to investigate. Please zip it and send to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk. The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green

Hi Malcolm. Thanks for your response and request for a copy of the SQLite file. I am a bit nervous about sending it, as it is my family history file with lots of very personal information in it, ie name , address's, age, ect ect, which I would not want to fall into the wrong hands.
(10-Feb-2014, 09:02 PM)pops Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Hi Malcolm. Thanks for your response and request for a copy of the SQLite file. I am a bit nervous about sending it, as it is my family history file with lots of very personal information in it, ie name , address's, age, ect ect, which I would not want to fall into the wrong hands.

Unfortunately without a file which demonstrates the problem we are in the dark. The error message refers to a database table tbIES, but no such table exists in a standard Legacy file, suggesting that there's something non-standard about your file. The problem has not been reported before. All I can do is to repeat that the data will be treated in strict confidence and will be deleted as soon as the problem has been resolved.

Malcolm Green
(11-Feb-2014, 01:44 PM)malgre Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Unfortunately without a file which demonstrates the problem we are in the dark. The error message refers to a database table tbIES, but no such table exists in a standard Legacy file, suggesting that there's something non-standard about your file. The problem has not been reported before. All I can do is to repeat that the data will be treated in strict confidence and will be deleted as soon as the problem has been resolved.

Malcolm Green
Hi Malcolm, Sorry if there seems to be a long time before I reply to your message's, but I am disabled (1 of reasons I am trying transfer back and forward's my file). Thank you for your assurance that my data will be deleted as soon as the problem has been resolved. I have just emailed the file to the address you said to send it to.I am keeping my fingers crossed you can find the problem for me.Thanks for all your help
pops
(12-Feb-2014, 05:01 PM)pops Wrote:

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green
Hi Malcolm, Sorry if there seems to be a long time before I reply to your message's, but I am disabled (1 of reasons I am trying transfer back and forward's my file). Thank you for your assurance that my data will be deleted as soon as the problem has been resolved. I have just emailed the file to the address you said to send it to.I am keeping my fingers crossed you can find the problem for me.Thanks for all your help
pops

We received the file, thank you, but I'm now puzzled as Families Sync converted it with no errors and Legacy 7.5 opened the converted file, again with no errors. Are you using the latest version of Families Sync, 2.0.2 (see Help>About)?

Malcolm Green
(12-Feb-2014, 05:40 PM)malgre Wrote:
(10-Feb-2014, 01:00 PM)malgre Wrote: As this problem hasn't been reported before and we're unable to reproduce it, we'll need a copy of your .sqlite file in order to investigate. Please zip it and send to supportinfo@telgen.co.uk. The data will be treated in strict confidence.

Malcolm Green

Malcolm Green
pops

We received the file, thank you, but I'm now puzzled as Families Sync converted it with no errors and Legacy 7.5 opened the converted file, again with no errors. Are you using the latest version of Families Sync, 2.0.2 (see Help>About)?

Malcolm Green

Hi Malcolm, It seems to be V 1.5.3

(13-Feb-2014, 12:44 AM)pops Wrote:
(12-Feb-2014, 05:40 PM)malgre Wrote:
(10-Feb-2014, 09:02 PM)pops Wrote: Hi Malcolm. Thanks for your response and request for a copy of the SQLite file. I am a bit nervous about sending it, as it is my family history file with lots of very personal information in it, ie name , address's, age, ect ect, which I would not want to fall into the wrong hands.

Malcolm Green
pops

Malcolm Green

Hi Malcolm, It seems to be V 1.5.3

In that case it's way out of date and you may have the old ClickOnce installation (the new installation should perform automatic update). I suggest you uninstall Families Sync (from Control Panel>Programs and Features) then install the latest version from http://www.telgen.co.uk/families/sync

Malcolm Green