Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Families Sync problem
Using Windows 8.1 to ipod Touch 5. Had a slight problem trying to use Families Sync on initial try, am now getting message Only one instance of Families Sync is allowed. Tried deleting previous downloads of it but still same message. Help Please.
IMS
(05-Apr-2014, 05:10 PM)IMS Wrote: Using Windows 8.1 to ipod Touch 5. Had a slight problem trying to use Families Sync on initial try, am now getting message Only one instance of Families Sync is allowed. Tried deleting previous downloads of it but still same message. Help Please.
IMS

It means what it says - you have Families Sync already running. Check your taskbar or use Alt-Tab to locate it.

Malcolm Green
(05-Apr-2014, 05:53 PM)malgre Wrote:
(05-Apr-2014, 05:10 PM)IMS Wrote: Using Windows 8.1 to ipod Touch 5. Had a slight problem trying to use Families Sync on initial try, am now getting message Only one instance of Families Sync is allowed. Tried deleting previous downloads of it but still same message. Help Please.
IMS

It means what it says - you have Families Sync already running. Check your taskbar or use Alt-Tab to locate it.

Malcolm Green

Ref my previous problem several months ago, I am still having the same problem on this system. I realise that the program is open but I am getting no notification that it is open. I get no initial response asking what I want to do. This means that I cannot start the sync process. I have been using another machine with Vista and this works ok. The program is running but it gives me no notification. Thank you!!
(27-Sep-2014, 09:18 AM)IMS Wrote:
(05-Apr-2014, 05:53 PM)malgre Wrote:
IMS

Malcolm Green

Ref my previous problem several months ago, I am still having the same problem on this system. I realise that the program is open but I am getting no notification that it is open. I get no initial response asking what I want to do. This means that I cannot start the sync process. I have been using another machine with Vista and this works ok. The program is running but it gives me no notification. Thank you!!

As before, check your taskbar or use Alt-Tab to locate it. Or right-click on the taskbar, select Start Task Manager then locate the process running Families Sync.exe.

Malcolm Green