Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Picture file not found
Hello,

when trying to convert my legacy file with families i get 350 Errors that families will not find all my picutres.

The legacy file is in programs/legacy8/Data. The Pictures are in programs/legacy8/Media.

Legacy allways says: " Picture file not found: [AppPath]\Media\24.jpg" and so on. The file is being converted correctly but all the Pictures are missing.

Any ideas?
(26-May-2014, 10:44 PM)usastrand Wrote: Hello,

when trying to convert my legacy file with families i get 350 Errors that families will not find all my picutres.

The legacy file is in programs/legacy8/Data. The Pictures are in programs/legacy8/Media.

Legacy allways says: " Picture file not found: [AppPath]\Media\24.jpg" and so on. The file is being converted correctly but all the Pictures are missing.

Any ideas?

Please check Legacy's Current List of Media Folders (Customise>Locations) and check that the list contains the folder in which your pictures are located - if not, then add it.

Malcolm Green
In legacy the media folder is set to:
programs/legacy8/Media/
Seems to be correct. In Legacy i can see the pictures of each person.
(27-May-2014, 01:37 PM)usastrand Wrote: In legacy the media folder is set to:
programs/legacy8/Media/
Seems to be correct. In Legacy i can see the pictures of each person.

I'm slightly confused by the folder address you quoted in the original posting:
[AppPath]\Media

[AppPath] would normally indicate the Legacy Family Tree folder within My Documents, e.g. a path of the form:

C:\Users\<your name>\Documents\Legacy Family Tree

You indicated that the actual folder is:

programs/legacy8

Could you let us know the full folder path in which your pictures are located, by locating one of the files in Windows Explorer and clicking in the address box to reveal the full address.

Malcolm Green
Legacy is installed in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8

Mediafiles are in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8\Media
This is the path where the picutres are!
e.g.: D:\Programme\Legacy8\Media\picture1.jpg

Datafile is in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8\Data
(27-May-2014, 04:52 PM)usastrand Wrote: Legacy is installed in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8

Mediafiles are in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8\Media
This is the path where the picutres are!
e.g.: D:\Programme\Legacy8\Media\picture1.jpg

Datafile is in:
D:\Programme\Legacy8\Data

That's extremely non-standard, which probably explains the problem! It's highly desirable to keep the program's data files separate from the Legacy installation itself, hence the standard installation installs the software to (typically) C:\Program Files\Legacy8 and puts the data files in your "Documents\Legacy Family Tree" folder. However, now that I understand how you've organised your files, I'll attempt to get Families Sync to locate the pictures successfully.

Malcolm Green
Ahhh not it works. Thanks a lot!
I transferred the files (data and media) into documents on C:\
I'm sorry. I normally use a mac with bootcamp on it.
But it is a little bit crazy that the user is not able to decide how to save his data/media but families specifiy the direction...
Ahhh not it works. Thanks a lot!
I transferred the files (data and media) into documents on C:\
I'm sorry. I normally use a mac.
But it is a little bit crazy that the user is not able to decide how to save his data/media but families specifiy the direction...