Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labels on custom-named Events are not displayingync
The records for some individuals in my legacy file have several events, e.g. residence, emigration, immigration, etc. The labels showing on Families (both on iPad and Android versions) are not accurate. It looks like my grandfather was born twice, died three times, was buried a couple of times.

A GGGrandpa has nine events, birth, christening, death, buried, buried, death, death, death, buried. In Legacy - Events he has: immigration, lived in Iowa, homestead, land transferred to, marital breakdown, widowed, diagnosed with tuberculosis.
Obviously, most of these events in Legacy were custom made, i.e., I added them to the Event Master List. Is Families able to handle labels of custom events, or is FamiliesSync not getting them from Legacy?

Noticed this at least a year ago but didn't mention it until today when I purchased the iPad version of Families.
Using Legacy 7.5, and both iPad and Android.
Thanks for any suggestions or anything you might be able to do to fix this in Families.
Bill
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(15-Jun-2014, 11:31 PM)BLeonard Wrote: The records for some individuals in my legacy file have several events, e.g. residence, emigration, immigration, etc. The labels showing on Families (both on iPad and Android versions) are not accurate. It looks like my grandfather was born twice, died three times, was buried a couple of times.

A GGGrandpa has nine events, birth, christening, death, buried, buried, death, death, death, buried. In Legacy - Events he has: immigration, lived in Iowa, homestead, land transferred to, marital breakdown, widowed, diagnosed with tuberculosis.
Obviously, most of these events in Legacy were custom made, i.e., I added them to the Event Master List. Is Families able to handle labels of custom events, or is FamiliesSync not getting them from Legacy?

Noticed this at least a year ago but didn't mention it until today when I purchased the iPad version of Families.
Using Legacy 7.5, and both iPad and Android.
Thanks for any suggestions or anything you might be able to do to fix this in Families.
Bill
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Families should handle this. Please provide more details so that we can investigate, e.g. screenshots of the equivalent entries in Legacy and Families showing the difference. If you can provide an FDB file (either complete or an extract) that we can use to replicate the problem, even better.

Malcolm Green